Jade Haven vs Suite

Hawaii_Flyer

What is the difference between suite category SE and SF other than one is aft and the other is forward. Are they both the same cabin size. Just wondering as there is a price difference between the 2.

There may be more to it than this but as I understand it the main difference is balcony size - huge at the front (on the jewels). Downside... can be windy. Center forward on Deck 10 on jewels is a slightly larger cabin due to the bump out beneath the bridge which is nice if you are using the couch as a bed.

What is the difference between suite category SE and SF other than one is aft and the other is forward. Are they both the same cabin size. Just wondering as there is a price difference between the 2.

The Deck plans on NCL.com, show the AFT suites cabin & balcony are smaller. We have had a forward suite on Dawn & Jewel, the view is amazing, but in rough water we did hear the anchor chain.

I am researching Alaska cruises right now & the price difference is TINY between Bliss & Pearl, hope people aren't expecting the same Haven amenities.

The Deck plans on NCL.com, show the AFT suites cabin & balcony are smaller. We have had a forward suite on Dawn & Jewel, the view is amazing, but in rough water we did hear the anchor chain.

I am researching Alaska cruises right now & the price difference is TINY between Bliss & Pearl, hope people aren't expecting the same Haven amenities.

We just did the 15 day Panama Canal cruise on the Bliss in the Haven. Everything about the cruise was outstanding. The Haven was completely booked but the lounges, bar and pools were not busy at alll,

About the forward suite on the Jade. I have read that the balcony is quite windy. Since we are doing Norway on this ship, I am wondering if we might not get much use out of the balcony due to the cold and the wind.

We just did the 15 day Panama Canal cruise on the Bliss in the Haven. Everything about the cruise was outstanding. The Haven was completely booked but the lounges, bar and pools were not busy at alll,

About the forward suite on the Jade. I have read that the balcony is quite windy. Since we are doing Norway on this ship, I am wondering if we might not get much use out of the balcony due to the cold and the wind.

We did Transatlantic & Panama in an AFT Haven, sometimes it was to windy elsewhere, but we could still enjoy the AFT balcony. On a Jewel class ship, I think I would pack a coat to see the view from the FWD balcony in Norway

We did Transatlantic & Panama in an AFT Haven, sometimes it was to windy elsewhere, but we could still enjoy the AFT balcony. On a Jewel class ship, I think I would pack a coat to see the view from the FWD balcony in Norway

Yeah some learned folks here helped me with just this dilemma for Alaska, I have previously done aft penthouse and was mulling over forward penthouse. Conclusion was 10500 (or it's sister), larger cabin, good sized balcony and partly overhung by bridge bump out - which gives rain cover if needed. Advise was "the way to go" and if it's windy at the balcony rail you only need to step back a little and the wind drops of dramatically. The VIEW cannot be beaten.

What you can't (really) do is have the cabin door open all night at the front as it can howl a bit and you need to be careful with lights... but for Alaska this seemed less of an issue that in might in the tropics IMHO.

That's what I learned...