ES/Reduced Deposit Terms

Pyxie

Ok I know this has been covered before, but I want to be absolutely certain I understand..

I have always booked using a reduced deposit or early saver rate, so really it isn't that big of an issue with me. I don't book unless I know we will be cruising and my work is very flexible with vacation. I also get insurance through a 3rd party.

Looking at booking the Vista for next October. My son has his fall break that month every year so it works for us. Currently there is a reduced deposit sale going ($150 for the Vista instead of the $50 on some ships but still less than $250 per person).

I have a courtesy hold on the room I want which happens to be the last left in its category, so I have to make a decision today. Here is my dilemma..

My son's school calendar has been tentatively proposed for the 2018/2019 school year but it isn't yet finalized. There's about a 90-95% change the proposed schedule will pass. My worry is that I'll book today and then fall break will fall on different dates when the official schedule is released. The question is not IF we will cruise, but WHEN. I really don't want to lose my cabin category.. So if I booked today and got locked into the sale terms, would I be able to cancel and rebook for different dates if needed? I know they keep my deposit for a future booking so that isn't an issue, but are there any other "gotchas" that I would need to be aware of?

Sorry for bringing up an often discussed topic but I really want to be sure..

Ok I know this has been covered before, but I want to be absolutely certain I understand..

I have always booked using a reduced deposit or early saver rate, so really it isn't that big of an issue with me. I don't book unless I know we will be cruising and my work is very flexible with vacation. I also get insurance through a 3rd party.

Looking at booking the Vista for next October. My son has his fall break that month every year so it works for us. Currently there is a reduced deposit sale going ($150 for the Vista instead of the $50 on some ships but still less than $250 per person).

I have a courtesy hold on the room I want which happens to be the last left in its category, so I have to make a decision today. Here is my dilemma..

My son's school calendar has been tentatively proposed for the 2018/2019 school year but it isn't yet finalized. There's about a 90-95% change the proposed schedule will pass. My worry is that I'll book today and then fall break will fall on different dates when the official schedule is released. The question is not IF we will cruise, but WHEN. I really don't want to lose my cabin category.. So if I booked today and got locked into the sale terms, would I be able to cancel and rebook for different dates if needed? I know they keep my deposit for a future booking so that isn't an issue, but are there any other "gotchas" that I would need to be aware of?

There is the $50 pp cancellation penalty. And the rest of the deposit can only be applied to a future cruise PAYMENT, not deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is the $50 pp cancellation penalty. And the rest of the deposit can only be applied to a future cruise PAYMENT, not deposit.

Thanks! That really isn't too bad then in my case because I know I'll be booking something and putting the $600 towards a future cruise payment still works out. I don't want to lose $200 but I also don't want to lose my cabin type.. Decisions..

Thanks! That really isn't too bad then in my case because I know I'll be booking something and putting the $600 towards a future cruise payment still works out. I don't want to lose $200 but I also don't want to lose my cabin type.. Decisions..

If your pretty particular about the cabin, I’d book it.

Book past guest and you don't pay any penalties for changes or cancellations.

Book past guest and you don't pay any penalties for changes or cancellations.

Yes but I can’t book for my family without reduced deposit. The deposit would be $1000 otherwise and that’s too much at once for us.