Something Different To Do in Cozumel?

heels_fan

Yes they are open on Saturdays and even Sundays. Our saving grace as no vets work on Sundays and so many beloved pets have died on a Sunday not knowing this. Us included in December 2014.

Where are you from? Your posts don't show this.

Oh no! I hate to hear about the pet you lost. They really do become part of our families, don't they? I've lived in about half a dozen states, but currently call South Carolina home.

Yes they are open on Saturdays and even Sundays. Our saving grace as no vets work on Sundays and so many beloved pets have died on a Sunday not knowing this. Us included in December 2014.

Where are you from? Your posts don't show this.

Hi Betty. I have tried contacting Laurita via email, as well as their Facebook page, but have had no luck. I know they must be very busy. Do you expect to be at the shelter any time in the next few weeks? Thank you!

I am recuperating from knee surgery right now so have no plans to be over there. I have sent Laurita a Facebook text letting her know that you would like to visit and have sent an e-mail. I am not sure if I can be there on the 30th. Maybe.

Hi Betty! Thank you so much for sending that Facebook message. I heard from someone at the Humane Society today, and am making plans for our visit. I hope that your recovery from your surgery is going well. I've had three shoulder surgeries in the past year, so I somewhat understand. If you are able to make it over on the 30th, I'd love to meet you! If you'd like to connect via email, you can reach me at "hollyshuford at yahoo dot com". Thank you again!

How about Trikes Cozumel, we did this in Aruba this summer lots of fun (same company)

We have booked this for our December cruise looking forward

Wold you please report back here how Trikes Cozumel compares with the excursion in Aruba? We just did the one in Aruba....thinking of booking it for Cozumel also.

Hi folks. I'm looking for suggestions for something new, unique, or different to do when our ship docks in Cozumel. Like many cruisers, we have been to Cozumel many times before, and have exhausted many of the typical activity choices, including an island jeep tour, SUP at Mr. Sanchos, a trip over to Playa, a day at Paradise Beach, and shopping/exploring in San Miguel. We (my boyfriend and I) are active and enjoy activities like biking and kayaking. The only caveat is that my boyfriend has really expensive contact lenses that he absolutely cannot see without, that make water activities like snorkeling or swimming in a cenote, a no-go. Soooo... any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Happy cruising everyone! :D

You didn't mention the Tulum ruins tour. That is more historical with a bunch of walking but is an awesome all day tour. Also my son and I did a horseback riding Mayan Ruins tour in Cozumel. The Tulum tour takes you to Playa del Carmen on a ferry then a motorcoach to Tulum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

There is a chocolate shop Isla Bella Chocolates and there is also a chocolate factory that does tours. Just google chocolate in Cozumel and it should pop up.

We also visited the cemetery (as we do in almost every city) and that was pretty interesting. It is on the very edge of town, closer to the Carnival pier than town.

Central Market is an interesting experience as well.

Hi Betty! Thank you so much for sending that Facebook message. I heard from someone at the Humane Society today, and am making plans for our visit. I hope that your recovery from your surgery is going well. I've had three shoulder surgeries in the past year, so I somewhat understand. If you are able to make it over on the 30th, I'd love to meet you! If you'd like to connect via email, you can reach me at "hollyshuford at yahoo dot com". Thank you again!

Sorry I didn't make it to the Cozumel Humane Society yesterday. Things got busy and I lost track of time. How did it go? Would love to hear a report back so maybe others can read it and think of it as their next short excursion on our beautiful island.

Betty

Wold you please report back here how Trikes Cozumel compares with the excursion in Aruba? We just did the one in Aruba....thinking of booking it for Cozumel also.

I’d love to hear how your experience was as well. We did the trikes in Aruba in September and had a super time. We are going to be in Cozumel in April and am considering booking it.

We did an excursion called Salsa/Salsa It was a lot of fun They bus u to a resort where u make different types of salsa !!Drink tequila which must be watered down a little Afterwards they teach u the Salsa ??If you're not a salsa dancer They have a lovely pool to swim in & u can rent towels @

The front desk .Those who want to go back to ship after Salsa may but u can enjoy their pool & they will come back to pick u up The pool has a snack bar & bar Very affordable if u need extra to eat or drink?!The staff was great & friendly!! Came recommended from

Previous cruisers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you book with ship or outside vendor?

Sorry I didn't make it to the Cozumel Humane Society yesterday. Things got busy and I lost track of time. How did it go? Would love to hear a report back so maybe others can read it and think of it as their next short excursion on our beautiful island.

Betty

Hi Betty! We walked over to the Humane Society last Saturday, and had the most wonderful time! We met Laurita, who then introduced us to Tony. Tony went with us to walk a total of 8 dogs around the neighborhood. The dogs were much better behaved than the mischievous beagle we have at home! When we returned, we got to play with and love on about a dozen puppies. They were all so cute and affectionate - they just couldn't get enough snuggles. Everyone we encountered was so friendly. We talked about it for the rest of the week. We also brought a bag of leashes and collars that I had been collecting over the past month or so (when I would see them on sale, I would pick up a couple). Laurita was so grateful! Since then, I have communicated with Laurita several times, and have inquired about encouraging others to consider volunteering during their time on the island. I would highly encourage it, but don't want it to be any kind of inconvenience for the Humane Society. I really just can't say enough good things about the work they are doing there!... Also, when our time at the Humane Society had come to an end, we were able to walk back into town within ten minutes, and STILL had time to catch a cab to the beach AND enjoy a bit of shopping in the city, before getting back on our ship. So, no one should worry about not having enough time to do something else after doing this visit... Although they may not want to leave these sweet pups!

Sounds like a great experience. My wife and I are considering this in March during our port day in Cozumel. We plan to buy some collars to donate. Any tips for our visit to the Humane Society?

Thanks.

Hi Betty! We walked over to the Humane Society last Saturday, and had the most wonderful time! We met Laurita, who then introduced us to Tony. Tony went with us to walk a total of 8 dogs around the neighborhood. The dogs were much better behaved than the mischievous beagle we have at home! When we returned, we got to play with and love on about a dozen puppies. They were all so cute and affectionate - they just couldn't get enough snuggles. Everyone we encountered was so friendly. We talked about it for the rest of the week. We also brought a bag of leashes and collars that I had been collecting over the past month or so (when I would see them on sale, I would pick up a couple). Laurita was so grateful! Since then, I have communicated with Laurita several times, and have inquired about encouraging others to consider volunteering during their time on the island. I would highly encourage it, but don't want it to be any kind of inconvenience for the Humane Society. I really just can't say enough good things about the work they are doing there!... Also, when our time at the Humane Society had come to an end, we were able to walk back into town within ten minutes, and STILL had time to catch a cab to the beach AND enjoy a bit of shopping in the city, before getting back on our ship. So, no one should worry about not having enough time to do something else after doing this visit... Although they may not want to leave these sweet pups!

Sounds like a great experience. My wife and I are considering this in March during our port day in Cozumel. We plan to buy some collars to donate. Any tips for our visit to the Humane Society?

Thanks.

Hi JPackerFan! Thanks so much for considering this! I really just can't say enough good things about this organization. The people there and the work they are doing made such an impression on me. You can find more info on them via Facebook - just search for Humane Society of Cozumel Island, or they have a website which can be found by doing a quick Google search for the same. If you are able to contact Laurita prior to your arrival, she will be waiting for you. It may take a few days for her to reply (she's pretty busy!), but her English is wonderful and she is so gracious. Please feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions, and especially let me know how your visit goes! Happy cruising!

Thanks for the info! We'll reach out to Laurita and let her know that we are coming. Just purchased 20 new dog collars that we'll bring with us to Cozumel. Hope to have some great memories to share when we get back!

Hi JPackerFan! Thanks so much for considering this! I really just can't say enough good things about this organization. The people there and the work they are doing made such an impression on me. You can find more info on them via Facebook - just search for Humane Society of Cozumel Island, or they have a website which can be found by doing a quick Google search for the same. If you are able to contact Laurita prior to your arrival, she will be waiting for you. It may take a few days for her to reply (she's pretty busy!), but her English is wonderful and she is so gracious. Please feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions, and especially let me know how your visit goes! Happy cruising!

Thanks for the info! We'll reach out to Laurita and let her know that we are coming. Just purchased 20 new dog collars that we'll bring with us to Cozumel. Hope to have some great memories to share when we get back!

Awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it. Please send Laurita and Tony my best. Have a safe and wonderful trip!!

We were in Cozumel on Christmas Day. We booked the Mayan laser tag through Chankanaab Park. It was so much fun. We were a group of 8 with ages ranging from 13-60ish.

They split us up into 2 teams of 4 and gave us our gear. We wore a vest with sensors on it and had a gun with 100 shots (you could reload up to 12 times) they walked us through the area we would be playing. You are not allowed to hold anything so no cameras, phones ect. If you have a go pro you can wear a helmet and attach it. We played 3 different “games”.

First it was a free for all. You can be hit 10 times before you are out.

Next was team against team.

Finally we played all of us against the 2 guides.

After about an hour we were done and able to enjoy the rest of the park. The ocean felt amazing after all that running around.

We all enjoyed it, laughed a lot and agreed we would do it again if ever the opportunity arose again.

The guides were wonderful and I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone looking for something a little different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...