Scheduled Dinner and Port Departure Times?

Vibrantvirgo81

Hello -

We will be going on our next cruise in a while (10-6-18) but I'm going over the itinerary and trying to put together some plans while at port,. It dawned on me that we currently have a dinner time of 6pm and 2 of departure times are 7pm and 8pm. One of the excursions I'm looking at starts at 3pm and is 4.45 hours long. 1) That seems like we would be cutting it VERY close to me (time-wise) and 2) I'm assuming we would miss our dinner plans then, though dinner is included in the excursion. Is it 'ok' if we miss our scheduled dinner plans? Do we need to let anyone know? Last time we did the 'anytime' dinning but I wanted to try a different experience this time.

First of all, is the excursion you are talking about a Carnival excursion? If it is then you don't have to worry about the time. If not, then that is way to close to sail away to chance it. Of course it's ok to miss dinner in the dining room. It would be nice of you to let the dining staff that you won't be there so they aren't trying to hold off serving other at your table (other ARE others).

If you know ahead of time that you won't be at dinner the following evening, it's nice to notify your tablemates and service team that you won't be there the next evening so they can go ahead and order without waiting for you to arrive. And on the excursions, I'm assuming these are Carnival excursions so they should be back in time for the sailaway and if they are late they will wait for passengers on one of their excursions. If these are private excursions, the timeframe seems to be too close to all on board time and the ship won't wait on private excursions.

If you know ahead of time that you won't be at dinner the following evening, it's nice to notify your tablemates and service team that you won't be there the next evening so they can go ahead and order without waiting for you to arrive. And on the excursions, I'm assuming these are Carnival excursions so they should be back in time for the sailaway and if they are late they will wait for passengers on one of their excursions. If these are private excursions, the timeframe seems to be too close to all on board time and the ship won't wait on private excursions.

This is good advice