Cruisetour excursion reservation problem

lstone19

We have an Alaska cruisetour booked for next summer. Excursions have just opened for them. I'm having a problem reserving them in the Personalizer.

Unlike booking cruise excursions (reserve, then pay now that they require immediate payment), cruisetour excusions require providing a credit card before you can book. When you get to the booking screen, "Book Now" is greyed out until you first go to "Authorize a Credit Card to Continue". But it won't let me authorize a card. It offers me a choice of the card I've already provided for on-board the cruise or adding another. Either way, I have to enter name, address, etc. (a check-box that says "Pre-populate using information from my Princess account" does nothing). And whether I choose use the card I've already provided or enter another, it then gives a non-helpful error ("There was an error in processing your request. Please close this window and try again.").

Has anyone had a similar experience or know the magic way to get it to work? I do plan to call Princess later today (even though booked through a TA, the Princess website implies that I should call Princess directly for issues relating to cruisetour excursions).

Encountered before a similar problem using my credit card for booking the cruise itself. Called Princess and offered no explanation but the rep did the booking while on the phone after getting my credit card details.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums