Carrying Your Luggage Off...

danyelle

so.....if i am meeting the car in san juan at 10:00. could someone guesstimate the time that i should disembark with my own luggage? please take into consideration the whole customs thing and we are 8 traveling together. also, the other family we're traveling with is not american...does this change anything regarding their ability to leave the ship with their luggage and customs etc? thanks.

also....jedkey......what time did you leave the ship with your luggage without any problem?

We needed to get off the Mariner quickly in order to make an appointment, but our group of over-packers had too much to carry off. We asked for and got the earliest tags for our luggage. They announced for the carryoff folks to start debarking and a few minutes later they called our color. When we went out, there were still carryoff people in the lines and we were right with them. The only thing was that we did have to go find our luggage, which only took a couple of minutes since it came out first before the other colors. We got out of the port very smoothly. We would do the carryoff if we needed early departure again and were able to carry all our stuff. Usually, we are not in that big of a hurry.

By "sleeping in" I mean only until 7:00. I take about 15 minutes to

shower and run up to the windjammer for breakfast. Of course I'm

out of the cabin well before the appointed time. It seems like

more and more people are carrying off their luggage. One of the

perks of being a diamond member is early debarkation. It's kind of

frustration watching hundreds of people getting off before you when

you're supposed to be the 1st group called. The last cruise I

was extending my visit in New York so I wasn't in any hurry to get off.

I waited until one of the last groups to get called so I could let those

who needed to get off could.

Guest Varites0225

Yes, you can carry your luggage off. We did because of an early fleight. We walked of the Mariner at 6:58 luggage in hand..

So the worst part of my last cruise was the debarkation process. Slow, long, then annoying while hunting for my luggage.

Is it possible to keep your luggage and carry it off yourself instead of putting it out your door on the last night?

Can we just do this without telling our steward or whoever?

Also, our flight isn't until 8pm but we'd like to spend the day exploring south florida, is it possble to tell them we need an early debarkation time despite not having a plane to catch or is that not allowed?

TIA for any replies.

D

We recently returned from the 13 night repo cruise on Grandeur. This was our first encounter with the "self-assist" program of carrying your own bags off. We have a 3 year old so we knew there was no way we were going to be able to carry our own luggage off. But, as diamond members, we receive the white tags which are the first color called.

Imagine our surprise and disgust when the called the self-assist passengers bright and early, but then no colors were called for almost 2 hours while they got all of them through customs and immigration. I almost went and fillled out another comment card. I don't think the rest of the ship should have to wait. I think those people who want to carry off their luggage should be allowed to do so and there should be a separate immigration/customs line for them. The rest of the passengers who put their bags out should be able to go when their color is called and go through the remaining customs/immigration lines.

Archived