Millie-Continental Deck

cubbie23

Hi all-long time lurker-

So we booked an ocean view GTY on Millie and, unfortunately, we got the worst case possible (although I'm ok with worst case-at least we'll be on a cruise!)-Continental deck at the front of the ship.

Anyone with any experience here? Should I be concerned about noise when we arrive at port? Distance to restaurants, etc.?

Still, very much looking forward to cruisin'!!

We booked Infinity to Alaska a couple years ago at the relatively last minute. The only oceanview that was available (we can't get guarantees since there are three of us) was on the next deck up, two doors down from Guest Relations. We were a bit worried. Turned out, our worries were for naught. Even with that busy public space a few steps away, we heard nothing, and the location turned out to be incredibly convenient - a lot of the embark/disembark action for the port stops was from that same general area. I was just refreshing my memory of M-class (we have sailed Millennium too but got an incredible deal on a balcony so we were higher up) and remember, the restaurants and other public areas are on lower decks than C-class, so you don't have as far to go as you fear. And while this may not be good advice if you are mobility-challenged -- if you're not, the extra walking from front to aft and back at dinnertime is good for you! :) Enjoy your cruise!

TR

next: Galaxy PC 4/1/06

past: Mercury AK 8/05, Millennium EC 12/04, Mercury CA-MX 4/04, Infinity AK 8/03, Century WC 3/03, Century EC 9/02

• 2 months later...

Cubbie 23 Ifyour cabin is 2000 t0 2003 you could have a problem if the ocean is rough. I had similar cabins on the horizon & it was awful. One night I was moved to an inside midship just to sleep & it was great. On March 5th 2006 we will be on the millie cabin # 3083

Cubbie 23 Ifyour cabin is 2000 t0 2003 you could have a problem if the ocean is rough. I had similar cabins on the horizon & it was awful. One night I was moved to an inside midship just to sleep & it was great. On March 5th 2006 we will be on the millie cabin # 3083

Archived