Golf carts

junglecat

• 1 month later...
I have been going to Costa Maya for the past 3 years and they do not have golf carts to rent. There are "taxi" service that uses industrial size golf cart "trains" like you see in amusement parks to taxi you to the beach. They are cheap like $5 - $8 one way.

We are also looking into this and google search brings up several locations. Are you saying they are no longer available? Taxis are generally $2pp within town but we were wanting to explore further.

• 1 month later...
I have been going to Costa Maya for the past 3 years and they do not have golf carts to rent. There are "taxi" service that uses industrial size golf cart "trains" like you see in amusement parks to taxi you to the beach. They are cheap like $5 - $8 one way.

Yes they do rent carts, have done so for a lot longer than you’ve been visiting, and it’s right in the port area where the cabs are. A simple google search turned up Mahahual Golf Carts, reviews and info can be found on the usual travel review site.

We rented a golf cart for 4 2 years ago here. I think it was around $50 USD for 2 hours. I short drive away are a bunch of quaint restautrants on the water where you can eat authentic Mexican food and drinks right on the water.