Wifi Plans, start halfway through?

Anchors Away 2016

I know you can purchase one of three WiFi plans ahead of time or on-board the ship and that they cost a certain amount per day.

My question is, if I were to want to sign up for the plan halfway through my trip, would I still have to pay for all the days (even the ones that have already passed) or would I just be charged the daily amount from that day forward?

Thanks!

You can no longer get the Social Plan per 24 hours and I noticed that if you wanted to upgrade your plan at any point during the cruise, it was full price and didn’t account for the days that had already passed.

When did this start?

Oh no! This is even worse than I thought. Bad enough that I might not be able to purchase by the day, but those on-ship markups seem MUCH higher than I was told.

The pre-purchase info for my 4-day on the Liberty says that it is a 15% discount, and lists the prices as $4, $10 and $15 per day.

But the prices you list ($6.66 and not even available, $16 and $25) are WAY more than 15% more.

Now I am stuck. Do I bite the bullet and pay more than I want to now, or wait and risk having to pay even more on the ship?

Can anyone else share their experiences?

Oh no! This is even worse than I thought. Bad enough that I might not be able to purchase by the day, but those on-ship markups seem MUCH higher than I was told.

The pre-purchase info for my 4-day on the Liberty says that it is a 15% discount, and lists the prices as $4, $10 and $15 per day.

But the prices you list ($6.66 and not even available, $16 and $25) are WAY more than 15% more.

Now I am stuck. Do I bite the bullet and pay more than I want to now, or wait and risk having to pay even more on the ship?

Can anyone else share their experiences?

The first one was on a 5 day cruise, the second a 7 day. If you want a discount, you need to buy ahead of time. There’s no getting around it.

The first one was on a 5 day cruise, the second a 7 day. If you want a discount, you need to buy ahead of time. There’s no getting around it.

I understand that. My issue is the AMOUNT of the "discount" or mark-up.

I was told for my cruise the pre purchase price was $4/$10/$15 per day. And that that was a 15% discount. So on the ship, I expected $4.7/$11.75/$17.5 per day.

But the prices you quoted on board were $6.7/$16/$25 per day. That is more like s 60% mark-up, not 15%.

Understand, I'd prefer not to buy any package at all and not use it, but if I get on board and find out that I want it, I don't want to be stuck with an even bigger price increase than Carnival's website told me.

I understand that. My issue is the AMOUNT of the "discount" or mark-up.

I was told for my cruise the pre purchase price was $4/$10/$15 per day. And that that was a 15% discount. So on the ship, I expected $4.7/$11.75/$17.5 per day.

But the prices you quoted on board were $6.7/$16/$25 per day. That is more like s 60% mark-up, not 15%.

Understand, I'd prefer not to buy any package at all and not use it, but if I get on board and find out that I want it, I don't want to be stuck with an even bigger price increase than Carnival's website told me.

On the ship the prices are $5/$12/$17.58 a day for the whole cruise so that’s about right. The per day is more. The savings is based upon the whole cruise, not daily as that isn’t even an option ahead of time.