Has anyone done a celebrity shore excursion overnight to Bangkok (no hotel provided)

Boo37dog

Hi I've just booked this excursion tho normally wouldn't book through a cruise as they are v expensive however on the small print it said we were guaranteed 3 days or at least 30 hours in Bangkok. Once I booked a few days later the voucher cake through saying the pick up the next day was 7.45am giving us only 23 hours there. Celebrity could only say ask at the desk as the time may change however if I had known it was this early on the return I would have done a taxi myself. I only wish to depart Bangkok say noon in time for the 6pm sail so I'm sure his will be enough time with the traffic. Could anyone help if they have done this tour and what there pickup time was - thanks

Hi I've just booked this excursion tho normally wouldn't book through a cruise as they are v expensive however on the small print it said we were guaranteed 3 days or at least 30 hours in Bangkok. Once I booked a few days later the voucher cake through saying the pick up the next day was 7.45am giving us only 23 hours there. Celebrity could only say ask at the desk as the time may change however if I had known it was this early on the return I would have done a taxi myself. I only wish to depart Bangkok say noon in time for the 6pm sail so I'm sure his will be enough time with the traffic. Could anyone help if they have done this tour and what there pickup time was - thanks

We booked an overnite in Bangkok 2 years ago from Celebrity Millennium. It takes approx. 2 hours in the bus from the port of Laem Chabang to Bangkok. There is absolutely nothing to see or do at the port of Laem Chabang. It was a transport service only and provided no tours or accommodation. The drop off point was the well located Asia Hotel where we also stayed for the night in rooms we had booked prior to the cruise. This gave us plenty of time to do our own thing during the day and at night in Bangkok. The bus dropped us in Bangkok around 10am and departed back to the ship around lunchtime the next day. Taxis either way would be expensive and maybe risky and they probably wouldn't want a one way fare.