Port Canaveral and Miami with a 2 & 4 year old

Margery

We will be docked in Port Canaveral and Miami in Mid March. We will have a 2 and 4 year old with us. Any ideas of fun things to do for a family with young children?

Would it be fun to walk around South Beach? What will the temp be in March? How far from the pier is it? What is the best way to get there?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Margery

The weather in March is typically the best weather of the year in Florida! It's normally in the low 80's, sunny and gorgeous.

South Beach is a fun place to walk around, there are lots of shops and restaurants, and of course a great beach. It's a 10-15 minute cab ride from the Port of Miami, cabs are your best bet. There will be lots of them when you get off the ship, and they're quite easy to find in South Beach as well. I'm sure the little ones will enjoy playing on the beach, but other than that I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

We like The Fountainbleu in Miami....NCL offers excursions there and you may use the resort all day. They have a beautiful free form pool and a children's pool area ( Cookies World ).

In Port Canaveral we have taken buses to the Orlando area, only takes 45 minutes....Just be careful of the escalator there. It is fast and dangerous for young children :eek: ...look for the elevator.

Hi Margery, It looks like you may be on the same sailing as us. We are on the March 19th sailing of the NCL Spirit. We are also bringing a two year old. I'm looking at a portable car seat that is easy to carry, I'll provide the link below. It's not rated for air travel but would fit in a suitcase or bag. We are planning to go to Epcot while in Orlando and haven't decided about Miami yet. Hope this helps a little.

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=313766&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=313766&change=117#readmore

Mike and Jessica

Archived