12 year old?

cruizer870

Hi All,

Going on my first cruise next week. Absolutely CANNOT wait....my question is about my 12 year old. He will be 13 in March, so he is too young for the teenagers, but probably a little to old for Oceaneer's. Does anyone have any info/tips for this age group? We are a little concerned about this...thanks for any help.

Jim

Hi Jim,

we had the same concerns 2 years ago with our grandaughter, she was 12 too.

But she loved it. They had special events that the older kids could sign up for and they went other places on the ship to do stuff. I remember her telling us about going out really late to the secret deck on deck 7 and they were told ghost stories one night, another time they had movies and pizza and then at least once they had a late night swim and pizza party.

Another time I know she made Flubber, which she thought was pretty cool. I dont remember what all it was but she did a lot of scientific experiments too. If your going on the magic they now have a virtual reality area on deck 2 that they reserve for the different age groups and I believe it is 11 to 14 year olds at the same time.

Disney is very in tuned with the fact that the kids who are border lining the age group need different things to do, just like the youngest of the teens feel out of place with the 16 and 17 year olds. So they do things together and split into age appriate groups. Now she is cruising next week again, but she is 14, so she will be with the younger teens, but we are confident she will love it. Our grandson will be going too, he will be 11 so he is close the the age of changing to another group too.

Which ship will you be on?

We are going next week on the magic on the 17th. Are we on the same cruise or are you on the wonder?

Hope this helps some,

mom x4,grandma x4

Hi Jim,

i just thought i'd let you know that if you go to www.dcltribute.com and register, then click on cruise meets, just scroll down until you see your cruise date. Click on that and put a post and you can get aquainted with others on your cruise. Most of these have a crusie meet on the first day. When you introduce yourself ask if they are going to have a meet and if there are some teens that are going to be there. That would be the best way to let your kids get aquainted with others on your cruise. Of course you only have a few days so you'll have to do it right away.

That site is all DCL cruises and the forum has a lot of great information on it. We do this site everytime we cruise DCL so we get to know some people before the cruise. It is a lot of fun.

good luck and hope you have a magical cruise!!!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived