Cave Tubing/Beachs in Belize

Bostontraveler

I'll be in Belize in Feb and everyone has said that cave tubing is a great activity to go on but I've heard there is a lot of walking involved, is that true? We're looking for something that does not require a lot of walking. How are the beaches and the snorkeling. This is our first time to Belize!!

Any help I would appreciate!

Thanks

Amy ;)

I'll be in Belize in Feb and everyone has said that cave tubing is a great activity to go on but I've heard there is a lot of walking involved, is that true? We're looking for something that does not require a lot of walking. How are the beaches and the snorkeling. This is our first time to Belize!!

Any help I would appreciate!

Thanks

Amy ;)

Amy,

We did the cave tubing in February and it isn't a real long strenous walk ~ but you do walk maybe 20 minutes!

I can't report on cave tubing but I can address the snorkel/beach question. We did the snorkel trip directly off the ship. The snorkel boat took us directly off the ship between the ship's tenders to Belize City. We avoided the Belize City situation and headed directly out to the reefs of Belize. The trip out was great and the water was like glass. We went thru several mangroove areas where the guides told us stories and pointed out things of interest. Once beyond the mangrooves, we accelerated rapidly. The trip to the reef was over an hour out. We snorkeled on a reef for about an hour. Then we were taken to one of the Cayes (islands) neaby for lunch at a hotel/restaurant. Food was great and the people were wonderful. The hotel had a nice beach area and a fresh water pool that we could use. The trip back to the ship was an adventure. An afternoon storm blew up and caused pretty decent swells with heavy rain. Snorkel boats are usually open with little cover so we took a beating. The hour plus trip out turned into a two hour plus excursion in and of itself on the way back. If we had been on an excursion not set up by RCCL, the ship would have left without us. In fact, the ship was waiting for our return. To conclude, the boat ride out was great. The snorkeling was good. The lunch was the highlight of the trip. The pool was the perfect end to the snorkeling. And the boat ride back was like a day at Six Flags on a thrill ride. My two teenage sons loved every minute of it but my wife was ready to give up cruising forever........hope you have a great time in Belize.

Archived