Nice,France

Bustaty

Thanks jfb, but apparently there has just been itinerary change to our cruise and we are not going to Monte Carlo which I know is stones throws from Nice and going to Nice for 2 days instead.

Certainly won't be making any tour plans any time soon, more changes may be on way.

Thanks jfb, but apparently there has just been itinerary change to our cruise and we are not going to Monte Carlo which I know is stones throws from Nice and going to Nice for 2 days instead.

Certainly won't be making any tour plans any time soon, more changes may be on way.

When we were on the Renaissance R5 in March, 2001, we docked in Nice. I was up early that morning and stepped out on the balcony and it looked like the captian was heading straight for the rock cliffs!! Actually he had us parallel to the cliffs and we backed into the port. It was an interesting maneuver to witness.

Nice is beautiful! There is an article this month in Conde Nast Traveler. They really captured the feeling of Nice in my opinion. Since you will be there a couple days, a side trip to Eze is worthwhile - beautiful views!

Joe

My suggestion for one of your days is to take the train from Nice to Antibes which is about 15 miles West along the coast.....it is a very stylish resort with super restaurants for a casual lunch and some great boutique shopping. The shops do close between 1.30 and 3.30 pm. Then a taxi up to St Paul de Vence which is just up in the hills. A great walled town with galleries galore and in the churchyard the grave of Marc Chagall and his wife who painted there....as did many other famous artists.

Brian

Archived