Looking for some suggestions

Ctrain246

Greetings to all fellow cruisers.

I, and my wife, are relative veterans of cruising. We will be going on our 5th cruise since 1999, on the Carnival Legend on 11/16/2006. In fact, my wife and I are serving as travel agents, (so to speak), for the November cruise. At this point we have 10 cabins booked, and anticipate having at least several more. Included in the present group are 10 first time cruisers. Even though our cruise is still quite a ways away, 338 days, we want to help everyone, especially the "Newbies" enjoy the buildup to the day we set sail. I have already directed everyone in our group to the Cruise Critic web site, but I was hoping to pick the brains of some of you for ideas that I can share with our group over the internet. I want to focus on the firstimers, but include everyone. If you'd like to respond directly, instead of posting on this site, my email is Ctrain246@sbcglobal.net. Thanks for your time and attention.

We've been on the Legend twice and loved it both times.(April '04 & last New Years!) We have a rule when we cruise with friends. We do what we want during the day and if its the same as our friends, that's great otherwise we'll see them at dinner. We stay happy & friends that way.

The slide on the Legend is so much fun! There is a pool and hot tub in the stern (back). Kids are not allowed in the pool or hot tub here. We called the main pools & hot tub the PEA pool because of all the kids there! Best is the deli they have along the way to the buffets. Really good sandwiches they make as you wait. My husband loves their reubans, I'm partial to the roast beef on a bagette. We have gotten sandwiches and taken them ashore (I have a small colapsible cooler) to eat on the beach. There is also an oriental counter but never went there. they have one buffet line that changes ie. Italian one day, french the next, etc. There is also one that's standard US everyday. In fact last New Years, Bob Dickerson was aboard with all his family. He is the CEO & President of Carnival! And he chose the legand for New Years. Be happy to answer any questions about the Legend & her ports - we went southern on one & western on other to Panama & Costa Rico. I am sure everyone will have a fantasic time on the Legend.

First off I'd like to apologize to everyone concerned for my double posts. I didn't even realize I'd made the mistake until I saw them both on the board. Again a thousand apologizies.

Secondly, I do appreciate the responses I have gotten to the posts, and to Bonnie and Serene56; I concur 100% with what you suggested as far as onboard interaction with our group. We absolutely are not looking to control the direction of the cruise in any fashion, but want to be as helpful as possible to the first timers.

I do think my original post was not clear, and what I ask may be so ambiguous, that there may not be any viable response. What I was looking for is suggestions to intensify the buildup over the next 10 months as our cruise nears. On our cruises in the past we've enjoyed the excitement that goes along with the countdown, although we've never planned a cruise this far in advance. As an example I send to those in our group, via email, updates that Carnival passes along to my wife and me, not exciting but sometimes informative. I'm sure that when it becomes April or May we will begin to see more poeple on our cruise checking into the Roll Call page, and I know that will serve to excite people. Anyway, thanks for your time and attention.

Archived