Spanish Bay Reef Resort Reception

ssabrina27

Has Anyone been to to Spanish Reef Resort. Instead of having the way expensive reception on the ship for 1 hour. I was thinking of bringing my 16 guests there through Royal Carribean's excursion for $84 per person. It includes open bar for 5 hours, lunch and transportation. I was told there was music entertainement there? Anyone know what Kind? I want to go through Royal carribean just in case we can't tender we are insured. I am already having a beach wedding ceromony through them. Any suggestions?

I have been there. We hated it. I am sorry to say.

1st of all we did the ship tour package. They bused you there, and you went inside and they gave you a momosa or orange juice.

Then they said it was time for us to go out side and swim and do our own thing untill lunch time, when the buffet would be ready.

We all headed out ot he beach to get a good spot. WELL let me tell you, there was no good spot, this was not a place that anyone could go in the water, it was all coral and big rocks from the beach to far out in the water. So no swimming in Grand Caymans that day, what a dissappointment that was, I felt like crying.

So we decided to go sit by the little pool that was by the outside bar.

It was crowed, and small. They said they had a hot tub, WELL, it was like the one that is on my deck at home, a small one that held 4 people, and not very clean.

So we just stood there and said what are we to do all day. So we sat at the Bar for an hour or so and waited for lunch, and planned on leaving after lunch. We ate, the food was okay. Bathrooms by the bar were bad and small. But at least they had one.

We went to the front desk to tell them we wanted a cab. They said they do not call cabs, wait outside across the street and they should go by. The resort is way way way way out of the way from anything, cabs do not go by at all. The bus came around 1 1/2 hours later, after most of the people in our group stood in the street all that time.

It was hot, and all we wanted to do was swim. we figured that on the way back we would ask to be dropped of at 7 mile beach to do some swimming. NO way the traffic was so bad ( it is always bad everyday there in the afternoon) and took so long to get back to the pier. There would be no way to go swimming that day.

I guess if you just use the inside or outside resturant for a reception and then leave, it might not be to bad. But I would not go back there again.

I would check with another Hotel in GC and see if they would let you use their facilities. Or do it on the ship.

Sorry to burst your bubble, I saw picture of the place and thought it was great, till I got there.

Archived