Vacations by rail with HAL Alaska Cruise

kenvwv58

No, but I'd strongly suggest pricing up the rail element separately since your absolute best case scenario is that the packaged vacation will cost the same - literally your only option for everywhere except BC & Alberta is the VIA Canadian which doesn't need to offer discounts for travel agents as there is zero competition!

Over this side Rocky Mountaineer take you to a handful of stations around the Rockies, as their name suggests, so in theory you could take VIA to Alberta and then get on the RM for the last bit (and if you want to see scenery you should - VIA runs 24hrs while RM parks before dark and sells you hotel rooms rather than offering sleeper cars).

In short, you'll likely end up spending more (especially if priced in USD...) with no more control than if you booked the train yourself and the cruise separately.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m thinking about getting a travel agent involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband wants to do this, big train enthusiast. Vis rail had a sale on cross Canada travel, Toronto to Vancouver for 400 dollars, really good deal but Imdontnknow if it is still on. Plus we have good friends there.