Timing of sunset cruise with ship departure

OhJinkies

I am cruising with the RCI Navigator of the Seas in January. We are in Curacao until 8:00 PM. I would assume that the “all aboard“ time is no later than 7:30 PM.

I am interested in booking a “sunset cruise“ through a third party that departs from the east coast of Willemstad at 4:30 PM, with a duration of two hours. That should put me back on land at 6:30 PM, with an hour or less to get back to the ship. I’m not familiar with Curacao or traffic conditions there. According to Google maps, it should only be a 15 minute drive. I have no idea what traffic conditions might be, or if there might be issues with the bridge.

Any insight from past cruisers? Is this cutting it too close?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
I am cruising with the RCI Navigator of the Seas in January. We are in Curacao until 8:00 PM. I would assume that the “all aboard“ time is no later than 7:30 PM.

I am interested in booking a “sunset cruise“ through a third party that departs from the east coast of Willemstad at 4:30 PM, with a duration of two hours. That should put me back on land at 6:30 PM, with an hour or less to get back to the ship. I’m not familiar with Curacao or traffic conditions there. According to Google maps, it should only be a 15 minute drive. I have no idea what traffic conditions might be, or if there might be issues with the bridge.

Any insight from past cruisers? Is this cutting it too close?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be there in June and are docked from 8am-8pm and we were wondering the same thing. The one I am looking at leaves at 5pm and is approx 2 hrs. Wonder if this is do-able?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tigers2425

Lori

If it is a ship sponsored/ ship purchased excursion you are good. That's why they list/sell them, timeframe is doable.

Now if you purchase independently cruise-lines have no responsibilities.

Thank you for your thoughts. It is NOT ship sponsored which is why I asked.

Anyone have any insight or have done this given our ships timeline?

Tigers2425

Lori