Kids club on MSC

mighty george

Hi, my son will be almost 12 when we sail on Seaside next May and I just wondered if anyone knows how strict they are on the age restrictions for the kids club? My son hates Lego, is very sporty and old for his age so would fit better with the older kids club (12-14) rather than the one he is supposed to be in, I really want him to get the most from his holiday and I think he will be bored in the age appropriate kids club.

Many thanks

I have a similar problems with my kids being in different age groups and since they don't speak english they don't want to be split apart. I tried researching this a while back and as I remember the answer was that they are strict about the age restrictions. I'm not 100% sure at all, so someone with the actual knowledge are welcome to chip in with a more trustworthy answer :)

Hi, my son will be almost 12 when we sail on Seaside next May and I just wondered if anyone knows how strict they are on the age restrictions for the kids club? My son hates Lego, is very sporty and old for his age so would fit better with the older kids club (12-14) rather than the one he is supposed to be in, I really want him to get the most from his holiday and I think he will be bored in the age appropriate kids club.

Many thanks

Hi, I feel the same way about my son. He will be 14 when we go and I wonder if he would do better in the teen Club than 12-14. It’s hard to get him to spend time there anyway on cruises. It’s always hard because kids are all different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So last year on our Med cruise my eldest child was 11 but looks 14 and would be quite mature. She really didn't want to be in the kids club with her younger brother as she had last year. She knew what to expect and was too old for a lot of the activities.

I met a lovely kids club leader at check in and she allowed Jem to join the 12-14 year olds club. She did have to ok it with the leader who ran the 12-14 group but it was no problem.

She had a ball with kids who were more likeminded.

Hope this helps.

So last year on our Med cruise my eldest child was 11 but looks 14 and would be quite mature. She really didn't want to be in the kids club with her younger brother as she had last year. She knew what to expect and was too old for a lot of the activities.

I met a lovely kids club leader at check in and she allowed Jem to join the 12-14 year olds club. She did have to ok it with the leader who ran the 12-14 group but it was no problem.

She had a ball with kids who were more likeminded.

Hope this helps.

Oh Kizzabel that is really reassuring, it would make his holiday if he could join that group rather than the younger kids! Thank you so much :D

Oh Kizzabel that is really reassuring, it would make his holiday if he could join that group rather than the younger kids! Thank you so much :D

No worries at all - the teen club did some singing competitions, quiz games and played games consoles etc. Jem had a blast and made some great friends that she keeps in touch with on whatsapp - the english barrier wasn't such an issue in the end. I know it was something we were apprehensive about prior to embarkation.