Tulum on your own from Cozumel

pepper

We are booked for January 22 on Radiance and the only Mexican port we are scheduled to go to is Cozumel. Due to some sort of scheduling changes, they changed our itinerary around and it took them quite some time for the cruiseline to enter excrusions available for that cruise at various ports. As of today, there are only four excursions listed for Cozumel that only just appeared under the purchase section last Friday. On the chance that no excursion to Tulum is available via the cruiseline, I am seeking advice on if there is time and how to go about doing Tulum on our own. We are only in port from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The last ferry we would be able to take back to Cozumel from Playa is at 1 p.m. (apparently it is a 40 min ferry ride back to Cozumel and the 3 p.m. is too late and there is no 2 p.m.). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't want to take the chance of getting delayed and have the ship leave me behind. It's quite a distance from the ship and a full day.

Perhaps they will add a ships excursion by the time you sail. Does anyone know if Tulem was damaged in the hurrricane?

You are still a more than a month away from departure, so there will be time for them to add more excursions. You know they want to add more because they make a profit from them. Give it a couple of weeks.

I don't think I'd want to try Tulum on my own and have to make the 1:00 ferry. That really isn't much time for the drive down, tour the ruins, and drive back to PDC. If you were in port longer, Tulum on your own can be done.

Tulum was offered on our Radiance cruise 2 weeks ago. It was not originally available, but was listed a few weeks before our sailing. It will probably be added as you get closer to your sailing date. I definitely would not recommend attempting this on your own. If a bus breaks down or a ferry is running late, you might be in Mexico for a bit longer than you intended.

And in case you didn't catch it, here is my review of the Tulum excursion

If they shortened your stay in Cozumel they will probably take that excursion off thier list. Its an all day excursion.

It took 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back with 2 hours to tour the tulum.

Archived