Disappointed with Trolley Roger Tour

aoife

Thought this tour was a waste of time and money mainly because of the tour guide - an elderly lady in what I think was supposed to be a pirate outfit. Basically it was a drive around the town with a very unfunny commentary, which ended in totally unnecessary and derogatory comments about the Royal Family. I paid for a tour - not to listen to someone's insulting comments about others.

We signed up for this tour in Jan. when we go on the NCL Majesty. Could you give a little more detail. Did you have an early tour? Did this get you of the ship faster? Usally the early tours are taken off on the 1st. few tenders. I hope we did not make a mistake in booking this tour!

Hopefully it was just the guide that disappointed us!! I just didn't like the personal comments she was making, especially as they weren't at all relevant to the tour and she was no oil painting herself.

We didn't book on the ship - we did the early morning Atlantis tour first and then booked the 12pm Trolley Roger tour to fill in time before getting back. I don't think it was much cheaper doing it this way - only about $3.

I think it's a good idea to book the early tours though - it does get you off the ship in front of everyone else.

Hope your experience is better than ours - a disappointing tour in Grand Cayman is still better than a day at work!

Archived