Dining Room seating help

bluefish

We are a group of 28 people total (kids and adults) going on Serenade this Saturday. Different families have used different travel agents. I will be the first party to arrive at the ship and need to get everyone seated together.

I plan on going directly to the dining room (est~2pm) to speak to maitre'd. Do I just need everyone's names and ship room numbers? Can this be arranged by phone before we go? I've never been with a big group and don't have any idea how difficult this will be to accomplish... Any advice anyone?

You really should get all of the booking numbers and give them to one of your travel agents, and have them cross reference the bookings. You might still have time to do that. If that does not work, you should go to the maitre'd. You might have time to do it befor you cruise, but it is kinda too close. :cool:

Yes, get all the booking numbers but call RC in Miami and ask for the dining coordinator for your ship. That person will likely ask you to fax the info. to him/her. If you want to have people to be able to seat at different tables on any night tables you can request the save wait staff at all the tables. This allows the staff not to be confused and prevents tipping problems.

Thanks for the quick responses. I gave my group's booking numbers to big group but their TA keeps telling them you just have to work it out once you get on the ship. (I knew that probably wasn't right).

Will call RC in Miami. I'll post a review of our whole cruise when we get back and let you know how it went.:)

You actually want to ask for the dining room manager. We just got back on Monday and the manager is the one that handles anything that's "computer related" - all seating arrangements are on computerized.

Have a great time! :)

I would also let the TA that told you all to work it out on the ship that you won't be needing them again. They are a booking agent and not a TA. My TA provides service. That's why I use them.

I agree 100% - My Travel Agent easily handled this for me as soon as I provided her with all the booking numbers for my group. She had it done in less than a day.

Get a new agent.

Archived