Influenza out break on Sirena

St Paul Girl

That is absolutely true.

In addition, and as discussed in this thread, some years the match is not good at all.

During the past year, the H3N2 strain has mutated to a point where the current vaccine isn't a good match.

I don't think anyone has suggested that the flu vaccine is 100% effective. It's really all about reducing risk.

I know that some people think the flu shot can cause the flu. It can't. That's just basic science.

Sure.

Our PCP says the flu vaccine is available without the egg . He orders a few in every year with the regular vaccines. Your PCP can either order them in for you, or direct you to a clinic where they are available. The vaccines have shelf lives and they don’t want to order them in to not us them.

Thank you for your reply and the information about eggless flu shots. My doctor is aware of them but he believes it is far less effective than the more common flu vaccine. Since I have never had the flu as an adult, at least the last 20 years under his care, he doesn’t recommend that I get the eggless variety. That could change in the future if my health deteriorates. Thank you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums