Royal Palm South Beach

wdaniels73

Stayed for 2 nights last month after Radiance cruise. $75 on PL. There will be a resort fee of at least $10, maybe $20. Hotel seems small and lobby area reflects that, but there are really more rooms than you would think and they are only several years old. Very simple furnishings. Rooms and bath are just fine. Only complaint was that you could hear lots of noise from the hallways and from adjacent rooms. Pool area looked OK. Did not use as I had a friend next door at Loews and was able to get into their pool area which was extremely nice. Much more going on in Loew's bars and lobby, so would recommend that you walk next door. You can read more reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com or at http://www.biddingfortravel.com

I stayed there last Dec. I paid around $100 for it off of PL for the day after xmas.

They didn't have a room with two beds, so they gave us a free upgrade to a smoking mini suite. I don't smoke, but it didn't smell. It had two rooms and down comforters with down pillows.

The pool area is simple, but they have toys and balls to play with, plus you can check out books and magazines to read. They also have a life sized chess set that is fun to play with.

Walk past the pool and you are on the beach! They have chairs already for you to use.

The hotel is quite nice. The doors are not automatic; rather, they have a person there who opened the door and greeted you.

For food, we walked across the street each day to eat at Fuddruckers. BTW, they have hour specials too.

At the Royal, make sure to get your free little cup of sorbet, served at poolside (I forgot the time). All in all, it was very nice. The only disappointment was that when we were there, Miami was going through a bit of a cold spell (67 degrees for the high) which didn't let up until we left for home. That kept us from enjoying the beach. All in all, very nice place.

Archived