Ft Lauderdale / Miami - What to do?

danyelle

Hi,

In a couple weeks I'll have 2 days pre cruise to spend in Ft Lauderdale / Miami. Any suggestions of where to go sightseeing? I was figuring we'd visit bayside marketplace but I can't think of anything else to do. It's my SOs first time in Florida.

Also, do you know of any good restaurants? Not picky as to cuisine, but are relatively picky about quality and service.

Thanks

D

Take a tour of Vizcaya, a mansion built by John Deering. If you will be there during the winter, rent a car and drive down to the Everglades.

It's in a few weeks so I think we may do the everglades...I'll look into that thanks!

So many great restaurants to choose from. If you head over to South Beach go to Smith & Wollensky. Service, food and view is spectacular. Try and head over around 4:30 and get a seat outside so you can see all the boats and cruise ships sail by. Very festive!!! Or you can head over to Ocean Drive and go to Larios if you like cuban cuisine or A Fish Called Avalon for seafood. If you like a less touristy atmosphere you can go to Lincoln Rd on South Beach there are great restuarants over there (Pacific Time and Van Dykes are two of my favorites) As well as great shopping!

If you're renting a car you can head down to Islamorada in the keys. Only an hour away and you feel like you are in a completely different place. You can eat at Lor E Leis. Great outdoor restaurant with live entertainment. Perfect for sunsets. I beleive it is located around mile marker 82.

Have fun whatever you do!!!!

Archived