JEFF Any Good?

lord of the seas

Don't know - but when I looked at it it appeared to be expensive compared to Residensea. I tried to put together a syndicate of 4 or 5 couples to buy and share a suite on Residensea which to me seemed a great idea - but the forum pulled the proposal when we got to 3 interested parties on the basis it was against forum rules to discuss such an idea.

Jeff

The Residensea had some possible advantages for SS type customers in that 4 or 5 couples could buy a suite say the size of a Veranda suite and each partner would have around 10 weeks cruising per year. The experience would suit some more than SS because it sails most of the time pretty empty ie around 100 to 200 people and doesn't really have entertainment which I don't need. There is a deli and several restaurants, and make fresh bread each day etc. It also stays in port longer so you get off and eat in the local places.

Whilst I think Residensea is UNSUITABLE for full-time living it seemed right for around 3 trips of 3 or 4 weeks. I particularly wanted to spend around 2 months travling around Australia and New Zealand.

The interesting wrinkle is the service charge is based on square footage. So those with the least room have the best bargain as it costs the same to tender two people whether they are in a small suite or four bedroomed one. So people sharing the purchase and costs get I think a perfect'ish experience at a very good rate.

The issue which I think is easy to solve if the right people do it is allocation of dates. The other issue is that some cruisers have reported that residents can be a bit offish with them and I guess that this might apply to "sharers"

Anyway the idea is dead now but looked excitingly close at the time.

Archived