Ovation of the Seas Questions

eleang

Hi all! We will be sailing on the Ovation of the Seas this Sunday and have a couple of questions:

1) Embarkation day - what place do you recommend for lunch, would like to have a view but avoid the crowds of the Windjammer

2) Are there any formal nights ?

3) We booked a suite but he boarding time we were offered upon check in was 2:30pm, aren’t the suites supposed to be able to board early ???

Thank you for any comments or thoughts.

Elena

Hi all! We will be sailing on the Ovation of the Seas this Sunday and have a couple of questions:

1) Embarkation day - what place do you recommend for lunch, would like to have a view but avoid the crowds of the Windjammer

2) Are there any formal nights ?

3) We booked a suite but he boarding time we were offered upon check in was 2:30pm, aren’t the suites supposed to be able to board early ???

Thank you for any comments or thoughts.

Elena

For Sydney, Ovation docks at Circular Quay, starboard (right) side facing terminal. Port (left) side facing Opera House.

Yes, Suites can board early...but....

To go into the terminal, they may be lines of people queuing.... not sure if Royal has improved and allow for dedicated lines for Suites/Diamond and above.... otherwise you might have to talk to one of the Royal officer who is outside of the terminal....

I think for Suites GS and above, Coastal Kitchen is open for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

We sailed twice from Sydney a few months ago, there are no particular lines until you get into the terminal and through security and then you can be divided according to C&A status.

One tip for anyone who has not sailed from there before, once you check in and board the ship on embarkation day you are not allowed to get back off the ship before sail away. You can check in and go straight back ashore but once you are on the ship thats it until the first port.

Hi Eleang,

We disembarked in Sydney a few days ago. There were formal nights. I think 3 in the 14 nights we were on board.

The dining in 270 is a great tip. They may even have the robot screens working.

Ovation is a fabulous ship, just make sure you wash your hands before entering and on leaving public spaces.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Currently on the Ovation.

Coastal Kitchen would be our first choice, then the Cafe at 270...both with great views and less crowded.

2 formal nights.

If you arrive early, they will accomodate you. Note: It is one of the best, most efficient, and most organized cruise terminal in the world. Happy sailing!:halo::)

Thank you all for your replies, very helpful indeed. I have boarding passes printed and suitecases ready!

I think either Coastal Kitchen or the Cafe 270 will be a great choiced. Looking forward to our trip

😍