JR Suite Boarding Question

hdcobur

We are booked in a JS on the Mariner for 1/2/06. My family also has 2 interiors booked just across from our JS - (2)daughters in one room, and parents in the other. I know that JS have priority boarding. Will my family members booked in the interiors be allowed to board with us? This does include minor children, so needless to say, if they can't board with us - we will wait for general boarding. I was just curious as to how I needed to handle this. Thanks for your help

Technically, only the JS can use the priority, from what I've read. However, we have a similar situation comming up on our next cruise. We have 2 JS, and two non-suites. We are wondering if one of the JS occupants elderly mother, who is in an inside, can board with us! We hope so, but if not, like you we will wait on her!

Hopefully someon with some experience on this will answer soon!

We sailed on the Mariner last Christmas. We had a junior suite and our kids were across the hall in an interior stateroom. We all checked in together in the suite priority line. Junior suites passengers do qualify for the privilege and the rest cabins in their booking are welcome to also.

Enjoy!

The port people are not too sticky about this...we've checked in a couple of times with family not booked in suites and nothing was said. I don't think they would expect you to separate from your group...they just want to get folks checked in. Just move into the priorty line like you know what you are doing..don't think anyone will hassle you.

Thank you so much for the information. I will at least feel at little more comfortable, heading that direction. If we are asked to do general boarding to keep our party together, we will. It's vacation, no need to be stressed - I just wanted to make sure that we were following the rules:)

We sailed on the Mariner last Christmas. We had a junior suite and our kids were across the hall in an interior stateroom. We all checked in together in the suite priority line. Junior suites passengers do qualify for the privilege and the rest cabins in their booking are welcome to also.

Enjoy!

Technically, this is only true if the other cabins pax are minor children. However, depending on demand, the port staff is usually lenient with this. It's just that one time I remember someone asking if their entire party (something like 12 cabins) could go through priority boarding with them, even though they were the only ones in a suite. Now that's abusing the privilege. In this case, I don't see that it would be any problem.

beachchick

DH and I will be C&A platinum for our cruise in April. We have 2 interior cabins--one for us, one for our minor son and his friend. It is my understanding that platium members receive priority embarkation, correct? If so, can DS just come along with us since he is a minor? Or will we need to use general boarding line? Thanks.

I think the JS DOES qualify for priority boarding - we've always gotten it without a problem. The luggage tags say "SUITE" in nice, bright letters, and we make sure we have one affixed to our carryon in case there's any question, but there never has been. Now we're Diamond so it's a moot point, but while we were earning our way there, it was a nice perk.

I had sent an email to them a few weeks ago on this and they said that JS DO have priority boarding.

RC Customer Service told me the same thing when I upgraded to the JS. She looked it up on the computer to verify when I asked her. Wow-customer service giving the same answer twice--miracles do happen-must be the season. ;)

Archived