LAX to Los Angeles Port

Excited2Cruise

I'm trying to figure out how long it will take from LAX (without traffic) to the Port. There are two ports right? One in Long Beach and one in LA? Where is the LA port located?

Vision of the Seas 4/18/04 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;8;8;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until I'm in Paradise 8/8

Excited,

The LA Port is in San Pedro (I believe only about 5 miles from the Long Beach Port). On our recent Diamond Princess cruise we used SuperShuttle vans to get from LAX to the port in San Pedro and back. Each trip took between 30 and 40 minutes with absolutely no traffic (trip from LAX to Sheraton San Pedro on Friday night at 11:00 pm and trip from port to LAX at 8:30 am on Saturday morning). Hope this helps!

Gayle

Celebrity Galaxy 03/1999

Diamond Princess 03/2004

I just posted on the Princess site, but we just got back from the Diamond Princess last Saturday. We flew into Long Beach which I highly recommend--much less hassle,traffic, time, etc. It also is closer to the piers (San Pedro or Long Beach--maybe 10 to 15 minutes at the max. Much smaller airport, so less lines for security, check-in, etc. Baggage claim was a breeze--1 minute from the gate. If you need a rental car, it is about 1 minute from baggage claim and the cars are right next to the building. I used to go to LAX for business a lot, but after this past experience, I'm sold on Long Beach. We also took Jet blue which was great!

I looked for a flight into Long Beach. But I'm actually flying into LAX on Friday night, spending time with my friend, and then Sunday we leave. I figured LAX was a good starting point to figure out distance.

Vision of the Seas 4/18/04 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;8;8;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until I'm in Paradise 8/8

Having lived in LA for 30 years and then escaped, I can tell you that the distance from one point to another in LA has absolutely no relationship to the time it may take. With no traffic, SIG alerts or rain, it should take about 1/2 hour max from LAX to Long Beach or San Pedro after you have cleared baggage clain. However, the 405 is subject to horrible traffic for no discernable reason so allow yourself at least one hour, unless it is during the week from 2-7 PM (rush hours) then allow double. If you get there early, great but who wants to miss their ship.

sun cruiser

Archived