Trip Review: Celebrity Equinox - 9 Dec 2017 to 16 Dec 2017

journeycollector

Journeycollector,

Just like everyone else who has replied, I loved your review and pictures! My daughter and I just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox in August and I am even more excited now! Congratulations to you two, and many happy sailings ahead!

JourneyCollector - thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us! I am taking the same itinerary in 9 days and I was really anxious about how the cruise would be (given the storm damage) and whether we will have a good time. I now feel more prepared to make decisions about how to keep my daughter and myself occupied (I'm a widow, so it's just me and the 10 year old). We travel (and take cruises) quite a bit but it's only our second with Celebrity (and our first 7-day... the last time we just did a quick Key West/Bahamas deal).

Also, congratulations on your nuptials! If you do decide you want to take another cruise, try a Mediterranean one specifically with a stop in Malaga if you can find it. You won't regret spending time in Southern Spain!

Cheers!

Thank you for the wonderful review and photos. I also read your Alaska review just now; somehow I missed it when I was preparing for our June 2017 Princess Alaska cruise. We also used Frontier tours in Skagway and had a great day with them.

I will look forward to reading about your future cruise adventures.

Journeycollector,

Just like everyone else who has replied, I loved your review and pictures! My daughter and I just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox in August and I am even more excited now! Congratulations to you two, and many happy sailings ahead!

Thank you! We loved the Equinox and would definitely welcome another cruise on her again!

JourneyCollector - thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us! I am taking the same itinerary in 9 days and I was really anxious about how the cruise would be (given the storm damage) and whether we will have a good time. I now feel more prepared to make decisions about how to keep my daughter and myself occupied (I'm a widow, so it's just me and the 10 year old). We travel (and take cruises) quite a bit but it's only our second with Celebrity (and our first 7-day... the last time we just did a quick Key West/Bahamas deal).

Also, congratulations on your nuptials! If you do decide you want to take another cruise, try a Mediterranean one specifically with a stop in Malaga if you can find it. You won't regret spending time in Southern Spain!

Cheers!

Thanks! We're booked for another cruise in December so it will be interesting to see the progress. Hope you have a great time!!!

Thank you for the wonderful review and photos. I also read your Alaska review just now; somehow I missed it when I was preparing for our June 2017 Princess Alaska cruise. We also used Frontier tours in Skagway and had a great day with them.

I will look forward to reading about your future cruise adventures.

Ahh...Alaska. Definitely want to do another cruise there in the next few years, but also add a landtour w/ Denali the next time!

Thank you so much for such an easy to read review. Loved the pics and your thoughts on the ship.

Happy planning for the next cruise.

Thanks! :)

I just reread my post above and realized why I missed your excellent Alaska review. We went in June 2016, not 2017, and weren't home yet from our trip when your review was posted. We were in Skagway one week later than you on June 14. We also had a whale watching tour booked with Harv and Marv, but our tour was cancelled due to high winds on Auke Bay. I was so disappointed.

We rented a car before the cruise and went to Denali NP. Hope you can do this when (not if) you return to Alaska, because we throughly enjoyed Denali.

We just did a partial transit Panama Canal cruise on Caribbean Princess and enjoyed it, too. Add it to your bucket list!

• 1 month later...

Was the cornhole out or did you have to ask for it? Did you see it more than one day? Thanks.

Monday, December 11 - Here Comes the Sun

After two gray days, the sun came out and all was right again! Following breakfast in the Oceanview Cafe, some definite outside time was sorely needed.

We played a bit of cornhole up on the lawn deck...

39123259041_f990418db6_c.jpg

...and found a place to relax. This is what we liked about the ship: the variety of seating areas inside and out.

39123257911_43b741fd06_c.jpg

24262711967_8a5a92eb48_c.jpg

Then we attended galley tour which started out in the beautiful Silhouette MDR:

24262709427_436e532e2e_c.jpg

24262710967_e9fdb3db40_c.jpg

After lunch, it was time for some more outside time as we sailed towards San Juan. This is relaxing!

24262707447_c10457e868_c.jpg

Hey there-

GREAT trip review! Hubby and I are sailing Celebrity for the first time after several Carnival (eek!) and Royal Caribbean cruises. Almost the same itin except sub St. Martin (which we love) for St. Thomas (which we also love).

Don't give up on the thought of doing Transatlantics! Have done 2 on the "big girls" - Oasis class - with our third on Symphony planned this fall. I think you'd enjoy more than you think!

Happy cruising!

Hey there-

GREAT trip review! Hubby and I are sailing Celebrity for the first time after several Carnival (eek!) and Royal Caribbean cruises. Almost the same itin except sub St. Martin (which we love) for St. Thomas (which we also love).

Don't give up on the thought of doing Transatlantics! Have done 2 on the "big girls" - Oasis class - with our third on Symphony planned this fall. I think you'd enjoy more than you think!

Happy cruising!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm at the point where I wouldn't rule out any cruise :) - we are booked again on Celebrity in December - a 7-day out of San Juan.