Celebrity Infinity January 21st - 14 NIGHT ANTARCTICA CRUISE

Montrose1!

Hi there. We're new to cruise critic so please bear with me.

We've been on something like 10 cruises but never "south" of the Equator. Is anyone going on this cruise if so, please let us know.

Also, has anyone done this cruise recently and if so, any recommendations?

Hope to hear from you.

:):):D:D

took this one a few years ago

1) food in town is terrific

2) Marriott was good place to stay

3) hope they have all the talks...wonderfull

4) scenery of massive ice over the top

5) some seas are rough

one of my 3 best ever in the 65 years on the seas

I took this cruise in February 2015, and it was fabulous. If you can, spend some time in Buenos Aires. It has become one of my favorite cities. Also, an absolute must if you can swing it is a visit to Iguazu Falls which is about a 2 hour flight from BA. We arranged a tour that included air fare from BA, two nights in the Sheraton hotel inside the park, and transfers to and from the airports.

Another highlight for me was a visit to the penguin rookery on the Falkland Islands. It is a very rugged drive; about 2 hours over very rugged terrain in 4 wheel drive vehicles. But when you get there you will find hundreds of three different types of penguins. This is a very popular excursion, so you need to book early. I don't remember if the ship offered this excursion: I went with Patrick Watts who is one of the best known of the tour operators.

Getting to Antarctica and the time spent there is very weather dependent. We had a lot of fog and one day of snow. So we did not always have a good view of the scenery. But we had a snowman at poolside! One day we had clear skies and sun and the scenery was spectacular. The ice is so majestic.

You will love it. I would definitely do this cruise again. If you have specific questions, I'll try to answer.

Carolyn