Cozumel/navigator

SAS21

I dont see why Cozumel wouldnt be back on the itenerary for late 2006...unless they get another bad hurricane there in 2006 (pray not).

They are working very hard to clean up around there, and I DEFINITELY see that being almost, if not complete, by the time you sail.

Its next hurricane season that you need to pay attention to. Those things have proven to be so unpredictable.

I was in Coz beginning of this month and had to tender in from the Enchantment. I noticed none of the megaliners were in port: only ships the size of the Enchantment and smaller.

Poor Cozumel. One of my favorite ports was so sad. The beach at Mr. Sanchos was completely destroyed and therefore deserted. The pavillion was gone and there was no 'beach' to speak of. The ocean floor was covered by big shells & rocks so you couldn't swim or even wade. We ended up at Paradise Beach. While we had a great time there (full bar service on the beach, music, water trampoline and floating, rock climbing 'iceburg') the water was murky.

We had a great time strolling downtown which seems to be back in business.

The Voyager made it the day before the Mariner last week ;) on the 8th. Tendering wasn't a big deal... just make sure you get your tender tickets early, even if you don't plan on getting off the ship until later. We wanted to be off the ship and in a taxi by 11:30, and when I went to get tender tickets at 8 a.m., they told me to come back closer to the time I wanted to get off the ship. Went back right before 11, and they were up to tender #24, which meant our number didn't even get called until 12:30, so we didn't end up with as much time as we wanted at Playa Mia Beach.

Archived