Oceaneer Club & Flounders

Kuffam

We Just got back from our 2nd Disney Cruise. This time DD (5) was old enough for Oceaneer Club and we were able to book babysitting for DS (2.5). While I agree Disney had great facilities, we thought the programs were ok.

We were on Pride of Aloha this past January and DD loved the program there and she talks about the staff all the time. She never was excited about going to the club, I think she only went there when she was board with us. When we observed the staff, we never saw them interacting with the kids, they just kept the peace and ran the activites. To be honest, my wife and I thought they didn't want to be there.

We also never thought we got our moneys worth with the babysitting. DS is a very active toddler (may even have autism or ADD) so he would be there for 20 minutes to 1 hour and they be paging us to come get him. DW and I could never get to do anything because by the time we get both the kids settled, the other one would need to be picked up. Even on the last night we specifically told the staff we just wanted to have a quick dinner togather and then would be back to get them. No sooner as we got our main course the pager went off to go get DD. DW even called the club to tell them we just wanted to finish dinner and then would be right up to get her. Well we got a guilt trip put on us for not running right up to get her. The kicker is whenever we were paged to pick up DD, she would be happily playing and didn't want to leave.

Now we enjoy our kids and want to spend time playing with them. We just wanted some time to do some adult things. We also understand DS is a handfull and needs space to run around and be active. So we don't blame everything on Disney, but just felt for a cruise line that is suppose to be for kids, the staff didn't excel.

Archived