MSC Seaside Dinner times

cruiser608

Hello everyone,

Do we book dinner times on board? Or can we schedule them beforehand? We have a big group with us and would like to get everyone seated together. Are there just set times for everybody? Some have the Fantastica packages and some have the Bella package.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Do we book dinner times on board? Or can we schedule them beforehand? We have a big group with us and would like to get everyone seated together. Are there just set times for everybody? Some have the Fantastica packages and some have the Bella package.

Thank you!

Seating times can be different for Fantastica and Bella. However, when you do on line check in, you can specify who you are traveling with and MSC will try to accommodate you. You need to know the other folks booking number. I would suggest that all of you put in all your names so MSC gets it. If only one person does it, you may not get what you want.

Just returned from the inaugural sailing. I wish you a good experience. Ours was not and I'm anxious to hear of what others think.

Download the MSC for Me app. It failed often while on board (poor server connection) but it was helpful when it was working.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Forums mobile app

Seating times can be different for Fantastica and Bella. However, when you do on line check in, you can specify who you are traveling with and MSC will try to accommodate you. You need to know the other folks booking number. I would suggest that all of you put in all your names so MSC gets it. If only one person does it, you may not get what you want.

Just returned from the inaugural sailing. I wish you a good experience. Ours was not and I'm anxious to hear of what others think.

Download the MSC for Me app. It failed often while on board (poor server connection) but it was helpful when it was working.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Forums mobile app

What are your criticisms of the inaugural sailing? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

What are your criticisms of the inaugural sailing? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

There are many examples but here is one that seemed to be typical of the MSC mindset.

At the end of dinner the first night (which started 20 minutes late and took 2 hours to complete), we were asked if we wanted coffee. I asked for decaf and was told decaf was only available from the coffee bar for a cost. A few others also wanted decaf and we put up a fuss that it wasn't available. We were told decaf would only be served in the main dining room after the ship arrived in Miami. We complained to the head waiter who said he was unable to do anything for us that night but that tomorrow he would have decaf available. And he did! Good news right? Not so! Three nights later, the head waiter, Pasquale, who was now taking notes on passengers suggestions for improvement, was replaced by a very hard nosed guy who never smiled. When we inquired about Pasquale, we were told he was reassigned to the crew's mess because he was too fat to fit around the tables in the MDR! Absolutely true story!

MSC staff always gave the impression that if you have a problem, it's your problem because they are doing what they are told. Don't expect anyone to apologize because you are not getting the level of service you expect.

We received no apology when our cabin was flooded. No apology when the phone system would only provide instructions in Italian. No apology for having an unknown person on our account and having our cabin listed under his name. No apology for the 2 hour delay at disembarkation in Miami.

Plus a few other things. And these are only our issues! Other passengers had worse! Like the couple who arrived at their assigned cabin to find it a disaster! The steward happened to be nearby and they showed him their cabin. He immediately locked them out and called his supervisor. They ended up being reassigned to another cabin but said there was no apologies or explanations provided.

Sorry to sound so negative. We are easy going folks who have sailed 15 times on various lines. However, this experience puts MSC at the bottom of our list.

There are many examples but here is one that seemed to be typical of the MSC mindset.

At the end of dinner the first night (which started 20 minutes late and took 2 hours to complete), we were asked if we wanted coffee. I asked for decaf and was told decaf was only available from the coffee bar for a cost. A few others also wanted decaf and we put up a fuss that it wasn't available. We were told decaf would only be served in the main dining room after the ship arrived in Miami. We complained to the head waiter who said he was unable to do anything for us that night but that tomorrow he would have decaf available. And he did! Good news right? Not so! Three nights later, the head waiter, Pasquale, who was now taking notes on passengers suggestions for improvement, was replaced by a very hard nosed guy who never smiled. When we inquired about Pasquale, we were told he was reassigned to the crew's mess because he was too fat to fit around the tables in the MDR! Absolutely true story!

MSC staff always gave the impression that if you have a problem, it's your problem because they are doing what they are told. Don't expect anyone to apologize because you are not getting the level of service you expect.

We received no apology when our cabin was flooded. No apology when the phone system would only provide instructions in Italian. No apology for having an unknown person on our account and having our cabin listed under his name. No apology for the 2 hour delay at disembarkation in Miami.

Plus a few other things. And these are only our issues! Other passengers had worse! Like the couple who arrived at their assigned cabin to find it a disaster! The steward happened to be nearby and they showed him their cabin. He immediately locked them out and called his supervisor. They ended up being reassigned to another cabin but said there was no apologies or explanations provided.

Sorry to sound so negative. We are easy going folks who have sailed 15 times on various lines. However, this experience puts MSC at the bottom of our list.

Thank you for your reply and earnest answers. I’m sorry your trip wasn’t all positive. I’m sure a good portion of the issues are things they can iron out for future sailings (I know that doesn’t help you one bit, I know) and I lived in Europe for 10yrs so I also know customer service can leave a lot to be desired, American’s are taught that the customer is always right and frankly the rest of the world doesn’t necessarily adopt that way of thinking. I think I’m most shocked about the head waiter’s size being of concern to the company! I thought that kind of sizism went out with 60’s and 70’s “stewardesses” having to weigh in! Wow!

They will need to improve on customer service and communication in order to survive in the U.S. market, but for now, thank you for your insights, forewarned is forearmed!

I have the Bella experience, however I was upgraded to a Fantastica cabin. I don´t expect to receive perks I did not pay for, but I want to know, if I want to have dinner at the MDR at lets say, 8, I cannot do that? 5:30 is waaaay to early for me for dinner, and 9 is too late. I am not sure if I can do their set times. I really enjoyed NCL´s anytime dining.

I have the Bella experience, however I was upgraded to a Fantastica cabin. I don´t expect to receive perks I did not pay for, but I want to know, if I want to have dinner at the MDR at lets say, 8, I cannot do that? 5:30 is waaaay to early for me for dinner, and 9 is too late. I am not sure if I can do their set times. I really enjoyed NCL´s anytime dining.

That’s the opposite for us, we booked a fantastica interior and wet upgraded to a Bella balcony. We will still get the perks of fantastica, which include choice of early or late dining...but won’t know our assigned dinner time until we get our cruise card at embarkation. No flexible dining times at our price points. I really hope dinner doesnt start late and take 2hrs to complete...I’ll go mad for sure!

• 8 months later...
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

With Bella you may not get your preference. You can request ahead of time.