Grand Turk Review

GMRPHRN

Just got back from the Carnival Sunshine with a visit to Grand Turk. This was my second visit. We were the only ship docked and we arrived quite early in the morning and left at 3:30. We went first to Margaritaville to buy a drink and use their wifi. It was slow and we could not access the site we needed. (Daughter wanted to check her ACT score). You can use the pool free but they really do expect you to order drinks or food. I went and watched the FlowRider a minute and it looks difficult. I noticed it was only boys and men in line for this and it was about $30. I thought the pool was quite cool and didn't stay in long. After lounging for a bit we went out to the beach. By this time the ship had been in port a couple of hours and there were a lot of people at the beach. However, there are lots of free chairs. VEndors try to get you to rent ones up front but I thought that was a ripoff. The umbrellas and chairs are quite close together which makes for a nice shade. I wanted shade. We went out in the water and after getting used to the temp it was quite nice. We went quite a ways out away from the crowd and although there were drop offs it did not get over our head and we quite enjoyed it. We lounged a bit and drank some watered down "punch" from a vendor. They had drink specials at Margaritaville with refills. There were a couple of dogs lounging around. The weather was awesome and except for sharing the day with hundreds of others it was perfect. We checked out a couple of shops before heading back to the ship for lunch. There are places to eat but with the ship right there I couldn't see paying for food.