Renaissance Hotel FLL

dmarch@islc.net

There is some sort of parking garage adjacent to the hotel but I don't know if you can leave your car there. Open-air parking seemed very limited right by the hotel. The hotel is very nice and I would highly recommend it. The dining room serves very good food as well.

mollyanne

We stayed there about a month ago and parked our rental car in the garage. I know the garage next to the hotel (I wasn't sure if it was the hotel garage or a public garage that hotel has a parking arrangement with) charged around $12 a day. I would be very surprised if they had a parking special for someone on a cruise, but I would imagine you could park your car there for the length of your cruise for the daily amount.

I see you are coming from SC. If you have a Budget car rental there that will let you drop it in Florida you can save the $12. a day parking.

There is a Budget office next to the hotel and they will take you to the port and pick you up.

Not sure what the car rental would cost compared to the cost of parking and taxi to the port.

Thanks Y'all,

Yup $12.00 a day is the deal (120.00 total). Think I'll opt for the lot that's $6.00 a day, about a mile from the hotel and catch their shuttle to the ship. If anyone in interested, Florida Auto Rent in their name. This link will take you to them: http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/airports/ftlauderdale/index.shtml?refID=#

Again, thanks for help

David

Renaissance is a wonderful hotel, but you don't want to leave your car there while on your cruise, OR at that other place (too many issues with that one)... It's safest in the covered parking garages at Port Everglades, or at Park 'n Fly (at the I-595 entrance to Port Everglades)... http://www.pnf.com/ftlauderdale/porteverglades.htm

Renaissance is a wonderful hotel, but you don't want to leave your car there while on your cruise, OR at that other place (too many issues with that one).[/url]

Ok Trent, your making me nervous. LOL When you say "that other place" do you mean Florida auto rent? If so, what kind of issues? My car cost a bundle and I really, really love it. On the other hand, I have money issues and six bucks a day sounds good. Tell me what to do. LOL

David

If you love your car then park it in the covered garages at Port Everglades... If you want to save a few dollars then park at Park 'n Fly. Both of those places are SECURE and SAFE for your car, I wouldn't recommend parking anywhere else.

Archived