champange questions

fatjay

You poured peach schnapps into expensive Champagne?!? :eek:

Generally low-end sparkling wine, not Champagne, is used for Bellinis and Mimosas; the strong flavors of the cheap juice/spirits overwhelms the more delicate qualities that distinguishes good Champagne from run-of-mill sparkling. .

Yes indeed and delicious it was. As I said, they used the house champers for it, watched it poured.

I'm happy that there is Montaudon on board - that was my "introductory" champagne into the world of champagnes, before I fell in love with Veuve. It's an overall tasty champagne, and I'm super picky with both champagnes and sparkling whites. I'm curious though - is the price of the Montaudon *just* $13? Or is it an additional $13 *with* the Premium package (aka, the upcharge)? This is my and my husband's first cruise, so I'm researching a ton of stuff. This is great!

I'm happy that there is Montaudon on board - that was my "introductory" champagne into the world of champagnes, before I fell in love with Veuve. It's an overall tasty champagne, and I'm super picky with both champagnes and sparkling whites. I'm curious though - is the price of the Montaudon *just* $13? Or is it an additional $13 *with* the Premium package (aka, the upcharge)? This is my and my husband's first cruise, so I'm researching a ton of stuff. This is great!

In many X cruises have never once paid extra with the Premium Package and have taken advantage of a good few champagnes and whiskey's in that time. Plus if you have access to Michael's they offer a good selection of both wines and spirits across the board other than house specials.

We had some Chandon last week on Eclipse and found it to be pretty good. With a Classic package it costs an extra $2.36 a glass including gratuity.

I see on F1 motor racing they seem to be spraying it around on the podium this season.

The price in December was $13 so the premium package completely covered it.

Now the premium package covers all drinks up to $15 so I'm wondering if they raised drink prices too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

In many X cruises have never once paid extra with the Premium Package and have taken advantage of a good few champagnes and whiskey's in that time. Plus if you have access to Michael's they offer a good selection of both wines and spirits across the board other than house specials.
Curious if Michael's has champagnes that are usually an upcharge at any of the other bars with the premium package? Or do they not provide the more expensive items?

Curious if Michael's has champagnes that are usually an upcharge at any of the other bars with the premium package? Or do they not provide the more expensive items?

Michael's Club stocks a variety of beverages at the start of each cruise, mostly (if not all) within the premium package price. However guests can make requests of what they would like to have available there; so long as they are reasonable they are usually obliged within a day or so (sometimes same day), even if they are priced a bit over the premium cutoff price. How much over the cutoff would be obliged is really a function of the individual staff as well as likely the status of the guest (i.e. a Penthouse Suite guest may be more likely to have something well over the cutoff granted than a Sky Suite guest). The guests relationship with the staff member also may play a role at times (i.e. some staff will even more out-of-the-way than normal to please a guest that has established a good relationship with them). And of course how much of the requested product is available plays a role.

If there is something you like that is not stoked, just chat with the Michael's Club concierge the first day (or a bartender at Michael's); no harm in asking. Even when I was in a Sky Suite they granted some special requests I had, such as Green Chartreuse as an after dinner drink, a bottle of Sake I liked that was on the menu at Sushi on 5 (but not available by-the-glass), and a bottle of non-Prosecco sparkling rose for my wife.

Be prepared to play hunt the Chandon/Champagne! I mainly upgrade for those and could only find Montaudon in the speciality restaurants - we didn't go to the MDR. Chandon sometimes in Sky Lounge and sometimes the Sunset Bar.

Wendy

Michael's Club stocks a variety of beverages at the start of each cruise, mostly (if not all) within the premium package price. However guests can make requests of what they would like to have available there; so long as they are reasonable they are usually obliged within a day or so (sometimes same day), even if they are priced a bit over the premium cutoff price. How much over the cutoff would be obliged is really a function of the individual staff as well as likely the status of the guest (i.e. a Penthouse Suite guest may be more likely to have something well over the cutoff granted than a Sky Suite guest). The guests relationship with the staff member also may play a role at times (i.e. some staff will even more out-of-the-way than normal to please a guest that has established a good relationship with them). And of course how much of the requested product is available plays a role.

If there is something you like that is not stoked, just chat with the Michael's Club concierge the first day (or a bartender at Michael's); no harm in asking. Even when I was in a Sky Suite they granted some special requests I had, such as Green Chartreuse as an after dinner drink, a bottle of Sake I liked that was on the menu at Sushi on 5 (but not available by-the-glass), and a bottle of non-Prosecco sparkling rose for my wife.

A somewhat misguided assessment suggesting a discriminatory approach to clients. In our experience nothing could be further from the truth and whilst concierge staff will know suite grades, bar staff certainly do not. And do not lose sight of the fact some Top Tier clients also have access irrespective of cabin grade. It would probably be more than their job was worth to show any form of differentiation between one client or another purely because of cabin category - assuming they even knew.

A somewhat misguided assessment suggesting a discriminatory approach to clients. In our experience nothing could be further from the truth and whilst concierge staff will know suite grades, bar staff certainly do not. And do not lose sight of the fact some Top Tier clients also have access irrespective of cabin grade. It would probably be more than their job was worth to show any form of differentiation between one client or another purely because of cabin category - assuming they even knew.

This from the person who pours peach schnaps into premium champagne. :rolleyes:

Utterly beyond ridiculous. It is not discrimination to treat your highest paying guests better; it is the standard of practice in the service industry. You don't think those staying in the Penthouse Suites receive extra special service and are more likely to have special requests granted? Really?!? :rolleyes:

And yes, much of the service staff (and certainly the Michael's Club staff) does know who the Penthouse guests are.