Let's Hear It For The Crew!!

cruzeluver

In the spirit of the holiday season, and to warm the cockles of our hearts, (cuz there aint nothin' worse then cold cockles!!) give an example of a time when a crew member went out of their way to do something that made your day or entire cruise just a bit better.

On our most recent cruise, we had an assistant waiter who was sent from Heaven. Not just because she always remembered our drink preferences or always kept the bread basket full. Each night at dinner she would ask us what we had done that day, and what we thought of the ports we visited. Her enthusiasm for our enjoyment was so refreshing. We actually found ourselves saying, "be sure and remember to tell Victoria about this at dinner tonight." Her genuine interest (or else she is an amazing actress!) in our good time made a good cruise into a great one!!

On our recent B2B there were so many wonderful people it's hard to list them all...

Iver our waiter and Elmer his asst were always smiling and joking...by the second week Iver would 'guess' what DH would order..from appetizers to entree'...and was letter perfect 90% of the time. The fact that he actually remembered from one week to the next and took the time to 'play the game' meant so much!

Antonio our room steward was kind enough to bring me extra skin creams after I mentioned that I liked them.

Needless to say we 'took care' of them all and had a wonderful time.

My DBF is a chef-and as such likes things I would never touch with a 10 foot pole.

One night, okra was served with our dish, and DBF commented that he loved okra. Our head waiter asked if we would like some served the next night, which DBF enthusiastically agreed to.

The following evening, DBF was salivating at the sight of a FULL dinner plate covered with sauteed okra. He didn't like the way it was cut (he's a picky chef), but skipped all appetizers that night in favour of his okra. :D

What a great idea!!

On one cruise on the Inspiration, we had Jalena. She was a bar waitstaff person. She was awesome!! Always with a sweet smile and curious as to where you were from, was there any special occasion for being on the ship, etc. We never got drinks from anyone else!!

On the Paradise we had the most wonderful server and asst server. For the life of me I cannot remember either one of their names (which is really bad as I am also a scrapbooker...so their names are lacking in there as well :eek: ) They, too, learned almost immediately our favorites! They were awesome with the kids as well!! They would even cut their steak/meat for them!!! The asst. server had a daughter at home the same age as one of our daughters, he took a special fondness for her. Got her anything she wanted!! I had to leave dinner one night (when the kids weren't with us and got seasick up in Camp Carnival) - our server sent my dinner up to the room for me! (Wasn't quite the same being cold by the time I was able to eat it, but the thought was nothing less than wonderful!!) Actually on that cruise, there were a LOT of terrific servers near our table, we got to know many of them!!

As mkk said, there is usually so many, it's hard to name them all!!

our everlasting thanks to our cabin steward on our very first cruise. We were on the Celebration in 1998. Our youngest son ( age 5 ) came down with a fever of 101. We took him to the ship doctor to rule out an ear infection or strep throat. Hubby and oldest son went on to dinner. I stayed in the room with the sick little one. Our cabin steward brought me the formal dinner to our cabin and brought the sick little one treats every 30 minutes. He was so sweet. He had two sons the same ages as ours.

Fortunately, the next morning, the little one was fine. Not a hint of fever or illness. I will never forget his kindness. I had his name and country written down on our luggage tag and I sent a letter of recommendation to corporate headquarters. I wish I still had his name. Hubby (in a fit of stupidity) threw away our first cruise tags that I was keeping as momentos.

Ramona - the bestest stewardess on Destiny in April 2004. Just downright pleasant and made us feel right at home. We loved her so much, we hunted her down the next year just to say hello.

William and Petra - wait team in April 2004. Just imagine our delight when we discovered that William and Ramona are husband and wife. These two were a match made in heaven.

Samson - bar server Destiny - June 2005. What a great smile and always something nice to say. There were four of us and our glasses were never empty. In fact, at one point we had eight full drinks at our table. Made sure to get a picture of that one.

Marina - bar server Destiny - June 2005 Had a great time with her as she really wanted to learn to speak proper English. It took us two days to figure out she wanted to ask, "Are you having a good time?" At first it came out, "Are you in a good mood?", but we knew that wasn't quite right. Cried when we had to leave her behind.

my room steward sherwin was very nice, he over heard me say to my son that my lower back was killing me and when i got back from dinner, there was a instant heat pack waiting for me with a note saying "i hope your back feel better" sherwin.

i will never forget that, i thank the majority of the room stewards are very good.

my room steward sherwin was very nice, he over heard me say to my son that my lower back was killing me and when i got back from dinner, there was a instant heat pack waiting for me with a note saying "i hope your back feel better" sherwin.

i will never forget that, i thank the majority of the room stewards are very good.

That was soooo nice!!!!!

Wonder if it is the same Sherwin??

On my last cruise we had Sherwin as our room steward (Triumph, Empress Deck, April 2005 ) and he was just wonderful! Always spent time talking with us and we learned about his wife and children and he was so kind to my DD and let us know when he saw her friends stopping by our cabin when we were not there. He was just NICE and we loved chatting with him and getting to know him!

Also....there were Harry and Dennis in the dining room one time...

And Ivana in the Cafe Vienna on the Triumph....she was great to chat with! I was so happy to see her the last morning of the cruise and we chatted for a long time!

And one more (for now anyway) Stefania...she was our room steward and she was fabulous! So nice to my children and so helpful to me! It was my first cruise and I was alone with 4 kids and she really helped me get settled and figure things out those first couple of days!

I can't remember her name but there was a Blackjack dealer on the Destiny that was really great. She was fun and patient and just a joy to loose money to- LOL. As well, the piano player on the Elation was hilarious. He was the best entertainer on the ship. I spent most every night in the piano bar it was such a blast! Of course there are just numerous other waiters, in and out of the dining room, not to mention Purser's staff and the cleaning crew and on and on and on...

I can't remember her name but there was a Blackjack dealer on the Destiny that was really great. She was fun and patient and just a joy to loose money to- LOL. As well, the piano player on the Elation was hilarious. He was the best entertainer on the ship. I spent most every night in the piano bar it was such a blast! Of course there are just numerous other waiters, in and out of the dining room, not to mention Purser's staff and the cleaning crew and on and on and on...

Oh my gosh! After reading your post I realized that I left off my list the Piano Bar Guy (have a mental blank at the moment as to his name!) on the Triumph in '03....He was a big part of what made every night so fabulous and fun!!

And that leads me to add......the Jazz group on Destiny also in '03...Not only was there music really good but they also partied and danced with me in the Disco late at night.

Oh! There are just to many wonderful crew members to name!

Archived