Thank You Carnival For The Military Discount

jy148

Carnival Has Been # 1 With Me And My Wife , We Have Cruised With Four Other Cruise Lines And Injoyed Them Too. We Just Keep Coming Back To The "fun Ships" 14 Cruises With Carnival And Now Booked For 01/22/05 On The Victory..

Carnival Has A Military Discount ( Thier The Only Cruise Line That I Know Offering This Discount) We Booked A Suite For 1400.00 Per Person And Received A Discount Of 400.00 Per Person. If You Have A Honarable Discharge And A Copy Of Your "dd214 Form". Then Your In..

I Served In The Army In The Early 70's And Still Received This Great Discount.

Thank You Every Much "carnival Cruise". Your The Greats Cruise Line In The World...

Guest Crazeecat5

My DH was in the Army in the early 70's and we just got an awesome discount. Saved lots of $$$ on our cruise to Alaska. Thanks, Carnival for remembering our vets.

Sheryl

• 2 weeks later...

My hubby is a Vietnam vet. How do you get the discount? I was planning to book through a travel agent - do I need to book through Carnival directly to get the discount? Any help you can give me would be appreciated! And you are right, it is wonderful that Carnival does this and I will also send a big THANKS!!! ;)

I tried to book this through one of the often mentioned agencies and when I called they weren't "showing" this discount was available and did not seem inclined to inquire so I just called Carnival directly. The savings was approx. 25% off the agency quoted rate and since this was for a 1A any kickback an agency could offer would have been minimal.

Frank

You should be sure to ask for the discount upfront because they only offer this discount on a cetain number of cabins per sailing, if at all on certain sailings. We have been unable to secure this discount for our March cruise, but we made the reservations before we knew about the discount. We were told to keep checking back with them because if a person put a hold on a room, but then dropped it and it happens to be a mil. discount, that we could then pick it up. Needless to say it is a bit of a game unless you plan for it from the start.

Just wanted to put in my 'thank you' to Carnival also for our recent military discount...we did a b2b..first week we booked several months out and when we decided to add a second week we were contacted by Carnival PVP directly...she offered the military discount...we didn't even know DH was eligible..thought it was just for active military...we got an awesome OV room on the Spa deck for the same price as our 1A guar! Mind you it was last minute but we were so impressed..will definitely cruise Carnival again!

My thanks to our older vets as I am a new age vet.

One thing nice about CCL is their military discount. Once they have your DD214 on record you do not have to send it in again. As soon as we finished our 1st cruise I booked another with my PVP so it was easy to get my rate along with almost instant confirmation. Discounts seem to very between cruises but I would venture to say that 15-25% discount would be the norm while some cruises especially out of Tampa need to be booked well in advance.

Archived