Driver for the Day

l2f

Hello,

Wanted some opinions. Four in our party and we rented a driver for the day. The first thing we (I mostly) want to do is visit the Bokas. I believe this is about an 1 hour drive to get there. After that, thought we would hit some beach(es.)

The driver has been very responsive via email and says there are many beaches and many have different names and spellings. But there are some great beaches on the drive back from Boaks (or I suppose not much of a detour)

I like to know the very specifics. Since this is our first visit to Curacao, and we are in port 8-4, is visiting the Bokas just too far?

Any thoughts appreciated.

We have done a lot of driving on Curacao (we simply rent cars from Avis which has an office at the Mega Pier) and have often driven up to that area near Westpunt. But since you are hiring a local driver you should be able to depend on that driver (and company) for advice. My advice would depend on what time you need to be back to the ship and what time you get going that 4 pm departure is a negative. . If you head directly to the Bokus area you will already be out at the far Northwest of the island (about as far as you can get from the port). There are quite a few beaches along the Western Coast where we sometimes will swim and snorkel such as Grote Knip and Jeremi. But lets assume that you get up to the Westpunt area by 9:30 and your driver takes you around to some of the viewing sites for 1 1/2 hours. Then its still only 11.....and if you start back along the West Coast....you will be working your way back towards the port while passing the access roads for several beaches (Grote Knip is about the best developed). You should have a few hours to enjoy some beaches if that is what you desire.

By the way, even though we have driven out to that part of Curacao at least 6 or 7 times, we have never really explored the Bokus area (and National Park). We drive out to the Northwest to snorkel at multiple beaches and the Bokus area has never held any personal interest. But we hope you will post a review of your day....as we wonder if that is a place we should visit on our next trip.

Hank

Thanks Hlinter.

The Bokas is the top thing we want to do here on this visit. We will be going directly there. Then based on time, we will decide what else to do. All the others in our group are beach people. So I'm sure at least one beach will be on the agenda on the drive back.

I usually do reviews. I will try to add just the Curacao day to this board.