? Regarding RCCL transfers

We are going to be staying on our own in London for 4 days before our Jewel TA, and not in a RCCL pre-cruise hotel. We are, however, using RCCL air, which includes tranfers to the port.

Has anyone stayed at a hotel of their choosing and then gone to an official RCCL pre-cruise hotel to catch the bus to the port? I would much rather do that than go back to the airport on embarkation day. Especially since the RCCL hotel is right down the street from where we are staying.

I'm getting ready to call RCCL to ask, but I think I trust you guys more than the average front-line customer service rep, if you know what I mean...

We are going to be staying on our own in London for 4 days before our Jewel TA, and not in a RCCL pre-cruise hotel. We are, however, using RCCL air, which includes tranfers to the port.

Has anyone stayed at a hotel of their choosing and then gone to an official RCCL pre-cruise hotel to catch the bus to the port? I would much rather do that than go back to the airport on embarkation day. Especially since the RCCL hotel is right down the street from where we are staying.

I'm getting ready to call RCCL to ask, but I think I trust you guys more than the average front-line customer service rep, if you know what I mean...

Are you with us on the 09/11/06 TA sailing of the Jewel?

If yes have you checked out our Roll Call already?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5220609#post5220609

Regarding your question, I have not done this. The only time I took the RCCL transfer London to Harwich was when arriving at LHR and going straight to Harwich with their Bus.

Anyway as it´ll be my 5th time sailing out of Harwich this was some topic on some Roll calls before. If I remember correct RCCL will have transfer buses from the Airport, the RCCL Hotels and I think from Victoria Station (not absolutely sure about this).

I would call RCCL to arrange this but I´m 99,9% sure there is no ned to go back to the airport to catch the transfer.

Hope to see you on the Roll call.

We did our own air this past May but stayed at a RCI hotel to get the transfers. The bus came to our hotel that morning.

I think if you are not staying at the hotel you would have to go back to the airport. If I remember correctly we had to check in the day before with an RCI person at our hotel.

I do think the RCI hotels were overpriced. We stayed at City Inn Westminster which was a great hotel, great location and a great staff.

Something to think about - you could stay 3 nights at your original hotel then transfer to a RCI hotel and then get the transfers from the hotel. It was very hassle free.

Hi Mad,

Hear you have snow. You should live in New England if you like snow.

Archived