Kids on Equinox

wavechaser

Lots of anti-kid responses eh? We will be bringing our 11 & 13 year olds on Celebrity for their first ever cruise in March. They're both quiet intellectual types. I hate to think the old people on this thread would be opposed to this HAHAHA! Oh well too bad. We have chosen Celebrity for multiple reasons, but in this particular case, because of life-threatening food allergies. My husband and I have cruised many other lines, and we corner the head of dining services on every cruise we've ever taken and grill them about their policies. I can tell you that Celebrity was the only line fully aware of/cautious of food allergies with proper protocols in place. The head waiter on RCCL tried on multiple cruises to force me to eat food I was allergic to. They also had no clue whether it was prepared in a safe area, nor did they know the ingredients. The food on Carnival was just plain gross. And while my food allergies are not life threatening, my daughter's are life threatening. The only line we feel safe taking her on is Celebrity. I very much appreciated the dining room customizing our food at every meal on Celebrity, and that was in both the MDR and Blu. And no we will not stay home/not cruise/not experience life due to food allergies, so don't even bother posting that type of a response. My kids have been begging to go on a cruise for years. So they're finally getting to go. And they will enjoy it regardless of their young ages, because that's the type of kids they are. My 13 year old is looking forward to the library, and my 11 year old is stoked about the glass show. So there ya go, age IS really just a number folks.

The first place my now 13 year old heads once we board is the Library. I'm sure your kids will love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of anti-kid responses eh? We will be bringing our 11 & 13 year olds on Celebrity for their first ever cruise in March. They're both quiet intellectual types. I hate to think the old people on this thread would be opposed to this HAHAHA! Oh well too bad. We have chosen Celebrity for multiple reasons, but in this particular case, because of life-threatening food allergies. My husband and I have cruised many other lines, and we corner the head of dining services on every cruise we've ever taken and grill them about their policies. I can tell you that Celebrity was the only line fully aware of/cautious of food allergies with proper protocols in place. The head waiter on RCCL tried on multiple cruises to force me to eat food I was allergic to. They also had no clue whether it was prepared in a safe area, nor did they know the ingredients. The food on Carnival was just plain gross. And while my food allergies are not life threatening, my daughter's are life threatening. The only line we feel safe taking her on is Celebrity. I very much appreciated the dining room customizing our food at every meal on Celebrity, and that was in both the MDR and Blu. And no we will not stay home/not cruise/not experience life due to food allergies, so don't even bother posting that type of a response. My kids have been begging to go on a cruise for years. So they're finally getting to go. And they will enjoy it regardless of their young ages, because that's the type of kids they are. My 13 year old is looking forward to the library, and my 11 year old is stoked about the glass show. So there ya go, age IS really just a number folks.

We are on the same cruise as you! We have a 9 year old daughter who will definitely be in the kids club a few times. I hope we get a chance to meet you all!

We are on the same cruise as you! We have a 9 year old daughter who will definitely be in the kids club a few times. I hope we get a chance to meet you all!

Oh good I'm so glad! I just informed my daughter & she breathed a sigh of relief! She was so afraid it would be just her, and then a lot of much younger ones!

I was on a 7-night Mediterranean cruise in the middle of summer in 2016, on Constellation. There were plenty of kids and they appeared to be enjoying themselves. If your cruise is in the summer and 7 nights or fewer, I would expect a decent number of kids. With a longer cruise or one during the school year, I would expect very few.

• 3 weeks later...

We are also cruising with y’all at the end of March too...with 3 kiddos, ages 7, 9, 11 (Girl,boy,Girl). This is our 2nd X cruise and my kiddos prefer it over RCCL and Disney

Sent from my iPhone using Forums