carnival paradise compared to RCI monarch

melika091900

how do these 2 ships compare?

Were debating a family cruise on paradise or RCI monarch of the seas.

I like monarchs iten better since it stops in san diego,catalina and ensenada,

carnival only in ensenada and catalina, but you get 1 sea day

was wondering about activities for kids aged 3-5?

safe?

enviornment? people on board? overall comparison

etc etc etc

we went on carnival conquest last year and loved it, never been on royal caribbean..

any info i'd appreciate,,

thank you all

and happy holidays

how do these 2 ships compare?

Were debating a family cruise on paradise or RCI monarch of the seas.

I like monarchs iten better since it stops in san diego,catalina and ensenada,

carnival only in ensenada and catalina, but you get 1 sea day

Stop in San Diego? Big deal. (Not to belittle that little town at the end of the San Diego Freeway. It's a great place! Heck, they even have a football team.) It's just better to hop on the Amtrak or just drive down there. It seems a little silly to take a cruise ship there for a few hours visit. (Though the cruise ship might be faster than traffic on the San Diego Fwy.)

I felt that the Carnival four day cruise hardly left any time for just chillin' on the ship. I barely had time to go to the gym or just sit in a deck chair. Throw in a stop in San Diego and it seems like there's hardly any time for the cruise experience.

I've been on both and had a wonderful time on both. I really prefer Royal Caribbean over Carnival, but that's just a personal preference. I've found the food and service to be a bit better with RCCI.

I can't compare the Kid Camps. We didn't use them but I found the Camp Carnival on Victory to be stellar.

We loved the people on Paradise. It was a different Carnival cruise because it was a non-smoking ship. We stayed out later and enjoyed the bars much more because we weren't overwhelmed by the smoke. I don't know how it is now that it's changed.

We only sailed East Coast on the two ships so I can't help with itineraries.

I've always shopped the deal rather than the ship. Just my preference. I don't need an ice skating rink and rock wall. Sailing the previous class ship suits me fine. I just want to be at sea. I don't care how. Any cabins on an oil tanker available? :D

Since I'm not picky, I'd go on the ship w/the better price. If it we're really, really close in price, I think I'd go RCCL instead. I have had mixed service w/Carnival and nothing but wonderful service on RCCL.

I've been on both and had a wonderful time on both. I really prefer Royal Caribbean over Carnival, but that's just a personal preference. I've found the food and service to be a bit better with RCCI.

I can't compare the Kid Camps. We didn't use them but I found the Camp Carnival on Victory to be stellar.

We loved the people on Paradise. It was a different Carnival cruise because it was a non-smoking ship. We stayed out later and enjoyed the bars much more because we weren't overwhelmed by the smoke. I don't know how it is now that it's changed.

We only sailed East Coast on the two ships so I can't help with itineraries.

I've always shopped the deal rather than the ship. Just my preference. I don't need an ice skating rink and rock wall. Sailing the previous class ship suits me fine. I just want to be at sea. I don't care how. Any cabins on an oil tanker available? :D

Since I'm not picky, I'd go on the ship w/the better price. If it we're really, really close in price, I think I'd go RCCL instead. I have had mixed service w/Carnival and nothing but wonderful service on RCCL.

LOL :D

oil tanker huh?? wonder where it could take us??

hahahahaha

thanks for your input...

happy holidays

melissa

i think im going with RCCL,,,,,

I've been on Paradise twice... I researched Monarch before I chose... I found that Monarch has much less stateroom space, the ship is older, and the price is higher which especially with everything made my mind up quik. I'd like to try it, but for the price the charge, its a no brainer. As for Carnivals Paradise, I had a great time, and had no problems at all, both times!:D

thanks for the info

the dates im looking at in august, paradise is 100 $ more per person than RCCL.. so i dont know its a toss up for me,

any special discounts on carnival for past cruisers ?

I did love the conquest, thats why i might choose carnival again

happy holidays

melissa

Thanks for the photo Cuizer2. We leave on Monday for a four day trip on the Paradise. We've done the Monarch twice and had a really wonderful time. The rooms are small, but you're really only in there to sleep and change clothes so that didn't bother us. We got a good deal on a suite for next weeks cruise and are so looking forward to the break. We haven't been on a Carnival ship since 2000, have been doing Princess - looking forward to all the choices of activities.

The cabins are much larger on Carnival Paradise than on RCCL Monarch. However, I've read that RCCL may be bringing Navigator (huge Voyager Class 138,000 ton ship) to do its Mexican Riviera route in another year---perhaps Princess & Norwegian (Star) are giving them some competition. The question is whether the RCCL ship currently doing the Mexican Riviera itinerary, Vision of the Seas, will be used to replace Monarch. If that happens, it will more comparable to the Carnival Paradise--even better in some aspects because it has a fantastic solarium. I enjoyed the indoor pool in the solarium on Vision during those cool Pacific evenings in the winter months.

Right now, I would give the edge to the Carnival Paradise for the ship but give the itinerary to RCCl Monarch for the extra stop in San Diego for all those cruisers who enjoy a gorgeous port--lunch at the beach at the Coronado Hotel is a perfect excursion.

Archived