Splendour of the Seas - JS 8080

camreesmom

does this cabin have a wraparound balcony or not? It is an aft cabin in the corner but I am getting conflicting reports about it being a wraparound. HELP!!! If anyone knows for sure, I would love to hear from you, one way or the other.

thanks in advance,

Julie

No, the Splendour aft JS do not have wrap-around balconies. I originally had a corner booked on a Med cruise and changed when I heard the center aft balconies were larger. Centers did appear to be larger.

No, the Splendour aft JS do not have wrap-around balconies. I originally had a corner booked on a Med cruise and changed when I heard the center aft balconies were larger. Centers did appear to be larger.

Thanks mjh, for your help. We have final payment coming up and I'm trying to talk DH into going back to an interior cabin for the $$. With what we'd save, we could take another cruise in 2006! We really wanted a wraparound so maybe I can talk him into changing.

thanks again,

Julie

Dear, Camreesmom

When are you sailing? I have booked this cabin for March 13, 2006. Another thread I started earlier this year said it doesn't have a wrap around. I understand next to it is like an staff stairs,and emergency exit.

We have 8080 booked on the Rhapsody (sister ship). The side balcony doesn't quite go all the way around the side, but it's still called a wraparound. From what I've heard, the room and balcony are GREAT!! Here is a link to the pictures of 808 cabin: http://www.amagill.photosite.com/Rhapsody8088/

Here is a picture of the Rhapsody aft:

471317626yeZSZk_ph.jpg

WJ228,

We did use the balcony occasionally, but the chairs had to be wiped down each time we sat in them. (Hint - turn them over or pull them under the overhang when not using them.) We also wiped down the balcony floor so the soot didn't get tracked into the cabin. We were in port 5 days in a row and the smokestack emitted black soot continuously. I think if we had been at sea more, it might have been carried out over the water. We only noticed one other aft cabin where the occupants used the balcony regularly.

Linda

Dear, Camreesmom

When are you sailing? I have booked this cabin for March 13, 2006. Another thread I started earlier this year said it doesn't have a wrap around. I understand next to it is like an staff stairs,and emergency exit.

We sail on Feb. 18, the President's day weekend cruise. I've also heard that there was a lot of soot on the balcony furniture. Still not sure what we're going to do.

Archived