NCL vs Carnival

Gregor4500

My 2 cents....Many years ago booked LOTS of NCL....then the ships were older, streached and the 'wards' dropped from the names. Didn't like them much anymore.

Fast forward, the Dawn is born, sailing from NYC...YEAR ROUND...EVEN IN THE WINTER...WITH SNOW...WON'T WORK....WRONG... it took off. NCL had a great ship, great crew and food...a winner...well for most (FL is a place I cruise OUT of not INTO, but that is me, and others disagree)...With the longer itineraries during the winter and the new, year round (NYC) Spirit...well try them...I was pleasently surprised and boy did my opinion change.

Carnival is trying another ship in New Orleans in December 06, but it is the Princess brand and will be doing the Conquest itinerary.

Really? Where did you hear that? Do you know which shiip? I was trying to decide weather to do the Conquest out of Galveston or the NCL Sun out of N.O.-I really want to cruise out of N.O. since I live an hour away.

Really? Where did you hear that? Do you know which shiip? I was trying to decide weather to do the Conquest out of Galveston or the NCL Sun out of N.O.-I really want to cruise out of N.O. since I live an hour away.

Golden Princess - Dec 16, 23 and 30, 2006 Only difference is that it sails on Saturday instead of Sunday.

http://www.princess.com/pb/itineraryDetails.do?voyageCode=5638

Archived