Promenade Cabin on Voyager

Wildroze

It all depends on what you want. The entire wall is a window. I see no benefits of it since you will be on display the entire time with the curtains open. I guess you can see others but others are seeing you too. I like balcony cabins, but if I were to not get a balcony I would get a oceanview to see the water, not the people. This way you can still leave the curtains open and light comes in without being on display--in the oceanview. This is not the case in the PR cabins. But it is to each his own, and you should know what you like to decide. Good luck and happy cruising.

If you liked having a balcony and a view of the ocean you will be disappointed with a Promenade view cabin. A Promenade cabin is better than an inside cabin since you at least have a window and a view of something but it does not compare to an outside or a balcony.

I say go for it if you want to experience something different. There are many positve reviews from people who have stayed in a promenade cabin. And unless you permanently stand in the window like a manequin on "display" I don't see how that is an issue ;)

Remember that thread about "poolside showers and other stories? Well even people with balconies have situations where they are on "display", and besides we have all read the warnings to keep your window curtains drawn when doing your "private" business.Keep that in mind and you should be safe.

p.s. since you have tried all types of cabins already, I will also add that the good thing about the promenade cabin is that it saves you money!

This is a cut and paste from another similar thread that I already answered, but my answer remains the same for your question :D ....

I almost always book a balcony cabin, but when my Mother-in-law and I sailed together on Voyager last year we decided to try out a promenade cabin because they looked like fun. We absolutely LOVED it! Yes, it's small, but we adjusted quickly and found room for everything we brought along. We totally enjoyed sitting in the window seat and watching the people and activities that go on in the Promenade. We had no problems with noise or anything for that matter. We were on deck 7 right in the middle of the promenade (it was cabin 7283). The view was awesome! We have booked the exact same cabin for our Explorer cruise next summer! I think the promenade cabins are great. I still book my balcony cabin when I sail with my Husband since we do tend to spend a lot of time together on the balcony, but when I do a "just us girls" vacation with just my Mother-in-law and myself, we will always book a promenade cabin if we are sailing on a Voyager-class ship! Any other ship we will book a balcony though. It is true that people can look into the promenade cabins if they want to, but unless you are doing something you don't want anyone to see, who cares? You can really only see into the promenade cabins on deck 6 from the promenade itself. You can see people standing near their windows of the deck 7 promenade cabins and you can see people who are sitting in their window seat looking down from deck 8 promenade cabins. Otherwise, only the people in the promenade cabins across from you can truly see inside your cabin. If you don't want them to see you, close the curtains. To be honest, I sat in that window many a time trying to spot someone else looking back at me just so I could wave to them, but nobody ever looked! They were all just going about their own business. I think I've had less privacy on my balcony sometimes! We've had kids in the next balcony who persisted in "peeking" around the partition. Thank goodness that didn't happened often though. Once I started peeking back at them they seemed to lose interest!

Our first cruise with RCCL was a promenade on Explorer. The window seat is a real plus. It's comfortable, gave us more sitting room, the opportunity to watch what was going on in the promenade, and my teen had more place to dump her stuff. There is a sheer and a thicker curtain. I didn't find privacy an issue.. just shut the thicker curtain. We were the highest level (level 8 I think) and I did find the lights from the promenade ceiling a nuisance as they were right outside our window and sometimes they didn't lower them to after 1 AM. Noise was not an issue. I liked having the window over the promenade as even though we were inside, it still gave us a sense of openness. I also found the set up of the room more manageable then the balcony we had on Jewel. The downside, it is inside and if you like watching the water without having to go elsewhere, you won't get that. But it's a great deal for the price!

2 summers ago, one of our then 25 year old twins and our then 11 year old son shared a Promenade room on the Voyager and loved it. Much activity to see below, they are both people watchers and found much entertainment outside their window each day.

They sailed together in an Oceanview several months later and just glanced out at the sea now and then but they fondly remember their Voyager Promenade room. I've booked one for them for our Freedom cruise next Thanksgiving (well, for my then 27 year old twin sons but expect the 13 year old will visit frequently) and plan on keeping it a surprise - they think I booked the cheapest inside for them like I just did on our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise next week. Oh, and my husband and I booked and aft balcony so I'm sure they'll visit us a time or two as well.

However, do keep those drapes closed when getting dressed. My 11 year olds eyes' got as wide as saucers when he looked out across the way to see an older, quite large woman, with nothing but her underthings on. He still talks about that one ;)

We were in a Promenade room on Adventure of the Seas and it was pretty good. One thing I would recommend is that you go for deck 8 or at least 7. We were on deck 6 and did have a little bit of noise. Not enough to complain about, but we did notice it on the first night during the parade... my DH was seasick and went to bed early and could hear the parade noise. It was fine for me though, I just sat in the window seat and watched the parade from there!

It was our first cruise and money was an issue, so it's a fantasic alternative to an inside stateroom. With that said... now that we've experienced a balcony I'd have a hard time going back to the promenade rooms if given the choice... balcony is better but promenade rooms aren't so bad either!;)

We saw a lot of posts that indicated there would not be noise (except for parades) if we opted for deck 7. We did not find this to be true. We were across from the Pub and there was definitely noise from the singer performing in the evening.

Are there double curtains? One sheer to let light through and one for privacy?

Yes, there are double curtains. There were velcro closures, but there were pinhpoles where previous passengers had tried to close them tighter. They adjust the light on the promenade and we did not have a problem with sleeping (except for the noise).

It was an interesting experience, but we would recommend this type of room.

We loved the one we had in oct on Mariner. The view is great and we were on deck 7 so noise was not an issue. Yes there are two sets of curtians. Just take car when changing I sure that we flashed anyone who was looking in our window a few times. We forgot to close the curtian. For the cost savings it is worth giving it a try.

Promenade cabins on Voyager-class ships will only accomodate 2 passengers. On the new Freedom-class ships they have some promenade cabins that will hold more passengers though. If you are booking promenade cabins for 4 passengers on a Voyager-class ship you will have to consider booking 2 cabins. There are several connecting promenade cabins though, which would be nice if your grandchildren are young.

Archived