for those you have/would you take your 3 year again

skyw

I just recently took both my 5 and 3 year olds on a 4 day wonder cruise and then over to WDW for a couple days. It was their very first trip on a plane, and boy did they love the whole vacation. My DS3 is a little hyper but his excitement about all the characters made the trip that much more exciting for us. He loved the swim park at Ron Jon's precruise. As we boarded the ship, he ran up to Mickey to give him a hug and as he wrapped his arms around Mickey's leg, he...well, um, yeah, he racked poor Mickey. My son absolutely loved the shows and squealed with delight throughout. He even stayed up late for pirate night and was a dancing fool. I wouldn't trade this trip for anything. It was definitely worth bringing them and seeing that pure innocent joy in their eyes.

My son celebrated his 3rd birthday on the Sun Princess 9 years ago. He had a great time, and we had a great time having him along. Every night after dinner, we told him that he could either "go to the kid's place" or come with us to "see the show." After the cruise was over and we traveled home, as I put him to bed, he looked up at me and said, "I want to see the show." It is hard to return to reality, even for a 3 year old! There is no question that he had a great time (as did his 5 year old sister).

It cut back on the things that Mom and I could do, of course, but we enjoy our children and having them with us when we vacation. There is no doubt that he would have fun and that you will, too. If you are comfortable leaving him with the very well trained and responsible kids' staff, then it needn't curtail your activities much at all. Even if you aren't comfortable with that, most of the lounges permit kids, and several have family appropriate entertainment, and a few are kids' oriented.

The only downside is that he doesn't remember much of that trip. If this would be a financial stretch for you and that you can only afford to do it once every 5 or 10 years, then I would wait until the kids are a bit older and can better appreciate it. But, if that is not an issue, then I would say, without a doubt, go for it. The Sun Princess was great for the kids at that age; being on Disney would have been much better. A much more comprehensive kids' program than any other line, and much more age-appropriate entertainment and activities.

Thanks for the comments. Looks like we are going to plan a 4 day trip with me,my mom and my 3.5 year old son. I know he may not remember much, but we will remember it!!! So will his grandma!!

Archived