Nevis

gourmetgal

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Four Seasons Nevis just over two years ago. I believe they only allow guests, but it is worth a call or email to the resort. The best trip we ever took!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you do go to Nevis, be sure to stop at Sunshines, a little bar/restaurant on the beach, just a few hundred feet off the Four Seasons property. Have a killer bee and say hi to "Love" monkey...their pet Green Monkey!!!

• 1 year later...

Maybe a little late for the December poster, but we were on Nevis a couple of weeks ago. Lovely island, one of our favorites. The Four Seasons is a splendid resort, with prices to match (like $10 US for two soft drinks for our two kids...) It is indeed on Pinney's Beach. I wasn't uber-impressed with Pinney's, A nice beach and all, but we later went up to Oualie Beach and absolutely loved it. We had lunch at the Oualie Beach Hotel, very very friendly staff and completely reasonable prices (my son dubbed it the best restaurant he'd ever been to, but his standards are of the AWESOME BURGER variety), and afterward they said we could use their lounges etc. on the beach. It is a very laid-back place with awesome views of St. Kitts.

Just a thought. Better beach, friendly staff, yummy food that is reasonably priced.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

We will be visiting in October and I would like to see both islands, but we are only there from 7-3.

How long does it take to get to Nevis and how often do the ferries run? What is the cost?

Is there a tour on St. Kitts that would allow us (timewise) to see the Brimstone Hill, Batik Factory, Black Rocks and Ottley's Plantation along with some of the beaches for photo opts. Or out of these places, what are the best must-sees? I would like to check out the shops too.

I guess I just need to know if we can do both. I would like to try the Nevis Sail Away, but it's 6 hours and I want to see some of St. Kitts too. What would people suggest for getting a little of it all?

Thanks!

Hello,

We will be visiting in October and I would like to see both islands, but we are only there from 7-3.

How long does it take to get to Nevis and how often do the ferries run? What is the cost?

Is there a tour on St. Kitts that would allow us (timewise) to see the Brimstone Hill, Batik Factory, Black Rocks and Ottley's Plantation along with some of the beaches for photo opts. Or out of these places, what are the best must-sees? I would like to check out the shops too.

I guess I just need to know if we can do both. I would like to try the Nevis Sail Away, but it's 6 hours and I want to see some of St. Kitts too. What would people suggest for getting a little of it all?

Thanks!

It takes about an hour to get from St. Kitts to Nevis. Visit http://boatschedule.leytonms.com/index.php

You can also take a water taxi from Turtle Beach to Oualie Beach in Nevis.

It will be difficult to see both St. Kitts and Nevis in one day, and ferry times are subject to change.

For a tour of St. Kitts that includes the highlights you listed you should contact Thenford Grey at thenang06@yahoo.com

Brimstone Hill Fortress is a must see and you will find great shopping opportunities at Caribelle Batik.

The cost of the ferry depends on which one you take. Caribe Breeze & Surf is $16 US per adult. Mark Twain & Sea Hustler is $4.00 US

Caribe Queen is 10EC and Geronimo is $10 EC

There is an additional port charge of $1.00 payable at a separate counter.

Archived