Formal nights, etc.

macgirl

We are going on a 6 night cruise on the Jewel on Jan. 2. We know there are 2 formal nights and 2 casual nights, but what are the other 2 considered? Are they "semi-formal" or "smart casual" and is there a difference?

I'd normally post this on the fashion board, but I'm looking to get info specifically on RCCL. We were on the Navigator last year and were terribly overdressed for "smart casual" night. I don't know if this cruise has "semi-formal" or smart casual" and I have no clue what to pack for those nights.

I promised myself I wouldn't overpack for this cruise, so I only want to take exactly the evening wear I plan to actually wear, nothing "just in case".

Any advice or feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Macgirl,

The other nights per our docs are smart-casual.

I can share with you our experience on the voyager for smart-casual nights, my husband and a few others were dressed in suits and pretty much everyone else was dressed casually. I would save maybe the casual dresses/skirts for the smart-casual nights, I am sure it will be fine.

We are on the Mariner at the same time and that is our current plan.

Hope this helps

We just did a 7 day cruise on the Vision of the Seas. We had 2 formal nights and the others were to be casual or smart casual but they were really the same thing. On the nights that were not formal men wore dress pants or khaki pants and dress shirts or golf shirts. Women wore casual dresses or pant suits.

Archived