Cave-tubing.com..the Only Way To Go!

depwife

We just returned from our 7-night Legend of the Seas W. Carib sailing. We stopped at Belize and did cave tubing with Yhony and cave-tubing.com.

If you are thinking about doing cave tubing, the ONLY way to go is with Yhony and his crew. They are all fantastic!! Yhony, Timmy, Tigre and Junior are fantastic! They are funny, knowledgeable, caring, family-oriented, and are the best cave tubing guides you could ask for.

They took excellant care of my family and gave us the best experience of our cruise.

Yhony - 63-year-old Mama says hello and thank you for taking care of her through the hike and down the river. She and all of our family really appreciate your care and concern for her. She didn't want to do the cavetubing, but you made her glad she came.

My kids had a blast and I felt totally safe with them tubing with Yhony and crew. My daughter said it was the best day of her life!!!! (she's 7)

Seriously though, if you are considering doing cave tubing, don't go with the ship. It's twice the money, kids younger than 12 aren't allowed, there is 1 guide for 50-60 people, it's chaotic and you don't get to experience the entire river.

With Yhony, it's only $45 (plus $5 for lunch if you want it), children as young as 5 can tube (on parent's lap), we had 5 guides for 30 people, it's very organized and you not only go through 2 caves (instead of 1 with the ship excursion) but you also get to continue on down the river past where the ship tour gets out..all the way down to the beginning of the hike.

I would take another cruise to W Carib just to go to Belize to tube with Yhony and crew again.

We are also going on this excursion in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the post. What did you wear for the hike and cave tubing portion? I think the kids will be in swimsuits, but what about the mom????

Thanks in advance for any LOS advice you have to give. I'm still afraid of rought seas........caught that on a different post!

Stacy

We are also going on this excursion in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the post. What did you wear for the hike and cave tubing portion? I think the kids will be in swimsuits, but what about the mom????

Thanks in advance for any LOS advice you have to give. I'm still afraid of rought seas........caught that on a different post!

Stacy

Hi , Yhony and his crew are sure the best, we have a picture of Junior and my 60 something yr old Mother in law from Miricle dec 4-11. She is also Mama now. We brought extra shorts, t shirt, there is a public room to change into dry cloths after, on our feet we wore cheap water shoes $9 ones we got in Tampa, for hike. These worked great. Don't try and skirt the puddles on walk, steep banks will be slippery and like a few you will end up in them. Just go right threw. You walk up/out 1/2 hr and paddle back to start, see "cavetubing review" dated Dec 14 lower down. Enjoy your cruise:)

I wore bathing suit with shorts that I could get wet and water shoes. We brought dry clothes to change in to. Several people gave their water shoes to the cave tube operators after the tour because they rent them out and I guess they can't get them very cheap. So you might consider if you get cheap water shoes you can donate them at the end of your trip.

We just returned from our 7-night Legend of the Seas W. Carib sailing. We stopped at Belize and did cave tubing with Yhony and cave-tubing.com.

If you are thinking about doing cave tubing, the ONLY way to go is with Yhony and his crew. They are all fantastic!! Yhony, Timmy, Tigre and Junior are fantastic! They are funny, knowledgeable, caring, family-oriented, and are the best cave tubing guides you could ask for.

They took excellant care of my family and gave us the best experience of our cruise.

Yhony - 63-year-old Mama says hello and thank you for taking care of her through the hike and down the river. She and all of our family really appreciate your care and concern for her. She didn't want to do the cavetubing, but you made her glad she came.

My kids had a blast and I felt totally safe with them tubing with Yhony and crew. My daughter said it was the best day of her life!!!! (she's 7)

Seriously though, if you are considering doing cave tubing, don't go with the ship. It's twice the money, kids younger than 12 aren't allowed, there is 1 guide for 50-60 people, it's chaotic and you don't get to experience the entire river.

With Yhony, it's only $45 (plus $5 for lunch if you want it), children as young as 5 can tube (on parent's lap), we had 5 guides for 30 people, it's very organized and you not only go through 2 caves (instead of 1 with the ship excursion) but you also get to continue on down the river past where the ship tour gets out..all the way down to the beginning of the hike.

I would take another cruise to W Carib just to go to Belize to tube with Yhony and crew again.

I also echo everthing above! I believe this is the group that was with our group from the NCL SUN. If you remember "Where's Bob?"; AKA "BOB".....that was my group. :D Yhony and the others were absolutely fabulous! DO NOT go with ANY OTHER....you'll regret it! My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. Very entertaining and also very FUN. I will definitely book with cavetubing.com again when I visit Belize in the future. And don't miss the Belizian Beer......VERY GOOD!;)

Thanks Yhony, Timmy, Tigre and Junior for the wonderful experience Belize gave us!!!!!!

I also echo everthing above! I believe this is the group that was with our group from the NCL SUN. If you remember "Where's Bob?"; AKA "BOB".....that was my group. :D Yhony and the others were absolutely fabulous! DO NOT go with ANY OTHER....you'll regret it! My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. Very entertaining and also very FUN. I will definitely book with cavetubing.com again when I visit Belize in the future. And don't miss the Belizian Beer......VERY GOOD!;)

Thanks Yhony, Timmy, Tigre and Junior for the wonderful experience Belize gave us!!!!!!

We were with you! I couldn't believe Bob left his shift at Cheers and didn't have another one to change into. That was HYSTERICAL! The guys were giving him a real hard time. ha ha And you are right - Belikin beer is VERY good! I would go back to Belize just to cave tube with that crew again!

Stacy

I wore my bathing suit with board shorts over it. My DD wore her bathing suit with a long t-shirt over and my DS & DH wore their bathing suits with t-shirts. My mother-in-law (63) wore her bathing suit under long cotton pants and a t-shirt (she's not keen on the whole bathing suit thing). We all wore water shoes and they worked out great! DH, DS, and DD all brought dry clothes to change into. I just brought a dry shirt and a wrap to wear over my bathing suit and it was fine.

For our group (www.cave-tubing.com), we left all of our belongings in the locked bus and were able to change in the facilities at the cave tubing site.

You will absolutely LOVE this excursion. If you are bringing small children, Yhony will take very good care of you. He also has 4 small children, so he will care for yours as if they were his. He had the smaller children share a tube with a parent. So DH got DD and I got DS. It worked out very well!

I posted a lengthly review of LOS on the Royal Caribbean board, if you are interested. Includes info about the kids club.

Fitters, thanks again for letting us tag along with you. I can't imagine missing that experience in Belize and the whole cave tubing experience. Those guys took such good care of us, it was so worth every penny. Wish we could have said the same thing about the ATV's in Playa!

To anyone in doubt, please don't hesitate to book with cave-tubing.com. It's the way to go!

Thanks for the great info Depwife and all others Im convinced thats the fun thing we want to do when we get to Belize.

My question to anyone... Our ship the Grand Princess will be in Port from 6:30am - 1:30pm on Jan 10, 2006.

Do they have specific start times for this Cave-tubing adventure or do they adjust depending on when ships are in port.

I figure i ask her first before trying to contact them & Reserving for our family of 5 (3 adults - 2 kids)

Thanks for the info.. Everyone have a wonderful Holiday season.. Rich G (aka rocket4765)

They'll tell you a meeting time in the confirmation email... ours was pretty wide open, from 7-9, but the sooner you can get off the boat the better for everyone involved. We were on the same trip w/ Depwife, et. al. (and BOB!) and ended up being the first people to tender in. Yhonny sent us on a tour of the city with Sonny in a van while we were waiting for the rest of the group; we met up with the bus a little while later and were on our way.

I agree with everything the previous posters from our trip have said - this was a great trip and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it; Yhonny, Timmy, Junior, and Tigre' were great guides and we had a great time.

My question to anyone... Our ship the Grand Princess will be in Port from 6:30am - 1:30pm on Jan 10, 2006.

Do they have specific start times for this Cave-tubing adventure or do they adjust depending on when ships are in port.

I figure i ask her first before trying to contact them & Reserving for our family of 5 (3 adults - 2 kids)

This is a somewhat lengthly excursion. We did not return back to the tender pier until between 2:30p-3:00p (bharper - please correct me if I am wrong). With this excursion, everything is done by votes. The whole group votes on how many caves you see and whether or not you stop for lunch. So, if the group votes for 4 caves (instead of 2) and also if they vote to stop for lunch, then you are looking at a late return time like we had. I think most people want the most for their money, so they opt for the additional cave and lunch. Just my opinion, but I think you'd be too short on time if you will only be there until 1:30p.

rocket4765, did you e-mail the operators? are you planning on doing this excursion? I have contacted them and they said that they would meet us at the pier at 7:30 and that we would be back in plenty of time but would have to miss the lunch. They said that they stay ahead of the ship tour and that we would beat them back.

I always book private tours (just more money and too many people) but because of the short time frame I am a little nervous - the 'what if's' . . . The ship tour is more than double the price $99, so I am looking for people that have / or will be doing this that are sailing the Grand Princess.

Let me know what you have decided.

rocket4765, did you e-mail the operators? are you planning on doing this excursion? I have contacted them and they said that they would meet us at the pier at 7:30 and that we would be back in plenty of time but would have to miss the lunch. They said that they stay ahead of the ship tour and that we would beat them back.

I always book private tours (just more money and too many people) but because of the short time frame I am a little nervous - the 'what if's' . . . The ship tour is more than double the price $99, so I am looking for people that have / or will be doing this that are sailing the Grand Princess.

Let me know what you have decided.

Hey joanne1,

I just emailed them on their additional info email address today & are awaiting a reply regarding making it back in time for ship depature time.

Curious as to when you are cruising on the grand princess?

I'll post a reply again when i get the email from them.

Happy New Year everyone... Richard (aka rocket4765)

Hey joanne1, Talk about fast reply's.. here is the email i got back from Yhony of cave-tubing regarding the port time for grand princess and the tour.

--------------------------------

Hi Richie,

Today we went cave tubing and we took some guests from Grand Princess, they were pretty early. They met us at 7:30am and we came back 11:30am and they had plenty of time to shop.

You need to be as early as possible, the latest 8:30am.

So you do your part and I'll do mine. If you meet me after 8:30am it's just to say hi because it will automatically cancelled - too late.

Payment is cash only and you pay until the tour is over.

We have our reputation on cruise critic and I will never jeopardize it.

Thanks, Yhony

-----------------------

Shows you how much they value this website's boards...

Archived